We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DataView and GridDataBoundGrid

Hi, Certainly a mistake thet I do, but when I insert a DataView between a GDBG and a table, no data are displayed. The count of the (empty) rows is correct - I add a DV to do sort on some column. If I use the MSGrid, all the data are displayed. Maybe an option is not set ... Eddy POULLET Brussels

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2004 01:27 PM UTC

If you have just set the DataTable as the grid''s datasource, then you can use dataTable1.DefaultView.Sort property to set the grid''s data without changing the DataSource. If you need to create a new DaatView for some reason (and not use teh default one for the dataTable), it should work OK. Here is a minimal sample that does this and works ok with out latest code base for me (2.1.0.9). Are you doing something different? GDBGDataView_5389.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2004 01:30 PM UTC

That first sentence in the previous post should read Sort the grid''s data and not Set the grid''s data.

EP Eddy Poullet August 19, 2004 07:44 AM UTC

Hi Clay, The only difference is that I use the component on the designer windows and not the code in the editor window. I have recreated the example( probably the path to the MDB is not good). You can see that all the lines in the GDBG are blank and if you suppress the columns, you see at run-time only one column. Seems to me strange. Anyway, thanks for your patience, Eddy POULLET Brussels TestGDBG_259.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 19, 2004 08:17 AM UTC

I could get things to work by calling grid.Binder.InitializeColumns after filling the DataTable in formload. oleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(dataSet11); this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.InitializeColumns(); We will look into this here to see if there is something we can do to avoid having to call InitializeColumns to get this to work.

EP Eddy Poullet August 19, 2004 09:12 AM UTC

Thanks for the help ! Eddy POULLET Brussels

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon