We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unable customise Select All/Unselect All text for list box component

I am using a lis box with showSelectAll: true and I would like to customize Select All message( replace it with something different)

4 Replies

YA YuvanShankar Arunagiri Syncfusion Team October 18, 2022 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Liviu,

Query:  I would like to customize Select All message?

We have checked your reported query and prepared the sample based on your requirement. Please refer the below code snippet and sample link. We can achieve your requirement by accessing the select all div element and adding the custom text.

[app.component.ts]:

onCreated(args) {

this.listBoxObj.element.getElementsByClassName('e-all-text')[0].textContent = "Processed";

}

onChange(args) {

if (args.event.currentTarget.classList.contains('e-selectall-parent')) {

var proxy = this;

setTimeout(function () {

proxy.listBoxObj.element.getElementsByClassName('e-all-text')[0].textContent = args.value.length === 0 ? "Processed" : "UnProcessed";

}, 10);

}

}

Sample link: https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-5nve8z?file=app.component.ts

Could you please check the attached sample and get back to us, if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards, 

YuvanShankar A

LC Liviu Cornea October 18, 2022 01:08 PM UTC

Thank you for suggestion but it is suboptimal. The usage of setTimeout to achieve the goal is not recommended . The component on its own should have an API to expose such property and settings allowing to customize that text (Select All/ Unselect All) as well a property that will help to put a label(title) for entire list.

My final goal is to use the list box for something like the picture below:

YA YuvanShankar Arunagiri Syncfusion Team October 19, 2022 02:22 PM UTC

Hi Liviu,

We are validating your query and will update you the details on or before 21st October 2022.

Regards,

YuvanShankar A

YA YuvanShankar Arunagiri Syncfusion Team October 28, 2022 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Liviu,

Currently, we don’t have support for your query, so we have logged this improvement as a feature. It will be available in any of our upcoming volume releases. You can track the status of this improvement
using below link from our feedback portal

Feedback link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38704/provides-to-modify-selectall-unselectall-text-of-list-box

Regards,

YuvanShankar A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon