We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

In React, is it possible to freeze the parent row in a TreeGrid while scrolling thru the child rows?

Hello,

I'm using Syncfusion in our React application. For a particular page, we are using a TreeGrid component. When we expand a data row, is it possible to keep that expanded parent row frozen in place while we scroll thru the data in the child rows?

I've attached a screen shot. In this example, I expanded the "Interested" row to show the subrows beneath it. I'm trying to freeze the top "Interested" row while I scroll. We'd also want to be able to expand multiple parent rows (Interviewed, App Started, etc.), be able to scroll thru them with the parent row frozen, and when through all of each parent's children, go to the next parent row and freeze that one while we scroll the next set of children.

Does that make sense? Please let me know if this is possible, and if you have any questions. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 11.11.21 AM.png

3 Replies

PS Pon Selva Jeganathan Syncfusion Team October 18, 2022 03:41 PM UTC

Hi Taylor Cooke,

Thanks for contacting syncfusion forum.

Query:  When we expand a data row, is it possible to keep that expanded parent row frozen in place while we scroll thru the data in the child rows?.

Currently, we don’t have support for freezing the parent rows while scrolling the child rows of the treegrid. And currently we don't have any plan to implement this feature.

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Regards,
Pon selva

If this post is helpful, please consider Accepting it as the solution so that other members can locate it more quickly.

TC Taylor Cooke October 19, 2022 01:51 PM UTC

Thank you for your response. Are you able to recommend any workarounds?

PS Pon Selva Jeganathan Syncfusion Team October 20, 2022 02:40 PM UTC

Hi Taylor Cooke,

Thanks for the update.

On further validation, freezing the parent rows while scrolling the child rows cannot be implemented using any workaround in the sample level also, and currently we don't have any plans to implement this feature.

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Regards,

Pon selva

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon