We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Assembly in host store has a different signature than assembly in GAC

my application gives me the following error: Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base, Version=20.3460.0.47, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. Assembly in host store has a different signature than assembly in GAC

I already followed the instructions shown here but without results. https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/934/why-do-i-get-the-error-the-check-of-the-signature-failed-for-assembly-syncfusion-shared

5 Replies

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team October 13, 2022 12:10 PM UTC

Hi Josue,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

This error arises when the required version of assembly is missing. We suggest you to follow the below steps to overcome the reported issue.

1. Uninstall the Syncfusion XlsIO related packages from your application. (XlsIO, Compression, Licensing)

2. Delete the bin and obj folders in application folder. Delete the packages folder also, if present.

3. Now, navigate back to Visual Studio and clean the solution.

4. Then install Syncfusion XlsIO of required platform and version.

5. Now, rebuild the solution.

Kindly try these steps and let us know if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Keerthi.

JM Josue Miguel Gonzalez Mireles October 13, 2022 06:10 PM UTC

I have done the indicated steps, I can add the syncfusion references without problems to my application in visual studio.

the problem occurs when executing the assembly from sql server.

in my database I can create the assembly without problems

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team October 14, 2022 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Josue,

Thanks for the update.

We suspect that cache might be still present. We kindly request you to follow these below steps.

1. Uninstall the Syncfusion packages from your application.

2. Click Win+R (run window) and search for .nuget

3. In .nuget -> packages folder, search for xlsio nuget package (of you platform) and delete it.

4. Delete the bin and obj folders in application folder. Delete the packages folder also, if present.

3. Now, navigate back to Visual Studio and clean the solution.

4. Then install Syncfusion XlsIO of required platform and version.

5. Now, rebuild the solution.

Kindly try and let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Keerthi

JM Josue Miguel Gonzalez Mireles October 14, 2022 03:32 PM UTC

I have followed the instructions that you indicate but the result is the same, I keep getting the error "Assembly in host store has a different signature than assembly in GAC" when calling the assembly from sql server

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team October 17, 2022 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Josue,

Thanks for the update.

We have found a new support ticket under your company account with same query and request you to follow up on that for further updates.

Regards,

Keerthi.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon