We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Retrieving cell''s last contents

Hi, Suppose I have a cell that''s displayed in a grouping grid, and it has the value ''a'' in it. Now the user comes along, clicks on the cell, types another value, ''b'', into the cell, and then either hits Enter or removes focus from that cell. What I''d like to be able to do is efficiently (memory-wise) store a and b in an object. I''ve tried using several TableControlCurrentCell events, and have looked at the TableControl property of the EventArgs parameters passed into the handlers, but can''t seem to find the right properties/methods I need to do this. Is there any way to get what I need without creating data structures that store old and new values, and without events that are raised with every key pressed while a cell has focus? I would greatly appreciate any assistance. - Clario

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2004 06:58 PM UTC

Hi Clario, try TableControl.Table.CurrentRecordManager.Properties[fieldName].OriginalValue and TableControl.Table.CurrentRecordManager.Properties[fieldName].ModifiedValue However, these properties are only available for the current record. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2004 07:53 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply, Stefan. Is there no way to get a cell''s old an new contents, irrespective of where the focus moves to? If not, I think this would be a very useful feature to put into a future release. - Clario

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon