We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Change editType of column base on data of other column

Hi Syncfusion Team,
I'm using the Grid component in my app and want to build a feature: change the edit type(dropdownedit, booleanedit,..) of a column based on data the user enters on another column.

Description:

When the user change data of the Data Type column, editType of Default Value column also changed.
Example:
- When the user chooses the String option, editType on the DefaultValue column is TextBox
When the user chooses the Integer option, editType on the DefaultValue column is NumbericTextBox
When the user chooses the DateTime option, editType on the DefaultValue column is DatePicker

Do you have a way to implement this request?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

3 Replies

JC Joseph Christ Nithin Issack Syncfusion Team October 5, 2022 05:11 PM UTC

Hi Ton,

Greetings from Syncfusion support.

Before proceeding to the solution, we would like to inform you that, by default, the columns in EJ2 Grid cannot contain vlaues of multiple data type, the grids column can be of only one data type. Hence it is not feesible to achieve your requriement of changing the edit type of the column based on another columns value.

Please get back to us for further details.

Regards,

Joseph I.

KH KEVIN H October 7, 2022 03:11 AM UTC

Oh, thanks for your support

JC Joseph Christ Nithin Issack Syncfusion Team October 10, 2022 08:39 PM UTC

Hi Ton,

We are glad that the provided solution resolved your query.

Regards,

Joseph I.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon