We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Clearing a GGC

I have a GGC whose DataSource is initially set to a DataView. Depending on the action of the user, I need to set DataSource to null and clear the grid. Setting to null, no problem, but how do you get the GGC to clear its state? I''ve tried ggc.Refresh() and ggc.TableModel.ResetVolatileData() to no avail. Should it be this hard? Sean

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 16, 2004 04:10 PM UTC

You can try code like: ggc.DataSource = null; ggc.DataMember = null; ggc.ResetTableDescriptor(); ggc.DataSource = newDataTable; ggc.TableDescriptor.SetItemProperties(ggc.Engine.GetSouceList()); ggc.Table.TableDirty = True; ggc.Table.SummariesDirty = True; ggc.Refresh(); We did find a problem and correct it in the next release when you try to reset a datasource. With this correction, the above code should work. For the version you have, if it does not, then you can dispose and recreate the ggc control after reloading the data.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon