We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Clearing a GGC

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

17764 Aug 16,2004 11:48 AM Aug 16,2004 12:10 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Sean Greer
Asked On August 16, 2004 11:48 AM

I have a GGC whose DataSource is initially set to a DataView. Depending on the action of the user, I need to set DataSource to null and clear the grid. Setting to null, no problem, but how do you get the GGC to clear its state? I''ve tried ggc.Refresh() and ggc.TableModel.ResetVolatileData() to no avail. Should it be this hard? Sean

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 16, 2004 12:10 PM

You can try code like: ggc.DataSource = null; ggc.DataMember = null; ggc.ResetTableDescriptor(); ggc.DataSource = newDataTable; ggc.TableDescriptor.SetItemProperties(ggc.Engine.GetSouceList()); ggc.Table.TableDirty = True; ggc.Table.SummariesDirty = True; ggc.Refresh(); We did find a problem and correct it in the next release when you try to reset a datasource. With this correction, the above code should work. For the version you have, if it does not, then you can dispose and recreate the ggc control after reloading the data.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;