We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

print grid with vertical scrollbar

Hi Clay, Could you please help on the following: How to print grid which has vertical scroll bar (so some rows are not visible on the screen)to display all rows on the paper. Thanks

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 14, 2004 05:48 PM UTC

If you are printing a single grid, the default print support should page things so you get WYSIWYG output paging across serveral print pages if necessary. If you want to scale the grid down so it all fits on a single page, one way you can do it is shown in this sample. Grid\Samples\In Depth\PrintToFit

IR Irina August 14, 2004 06:11 PM UTC

The thing is that I need to print five grids. (two main grids, two their summaries and one grand tottal summary) So far I tried print two - main and summary. But the main grid does not show all its rows although there is space on the paper. It shows those rows which are visible on the screen only. How to fix that and where is the sample you mentioned? Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 14, 2004 06:29 PM UTC

The PrintToFit sample is one of the installed samples shipped with the product. It is found in the Grid\Samples\In Depth\PrintToFit folder. To print all the grid, you will have to enlarge the area you are allocating on the print page for the grid. Here is a link to a KB article that discusses printing two grid on one page. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10377

IR Irina August 14, 2004 07:09 PM UTC

Thanks. It is Ok so far. Also I have two other questions (databound grid): 1. How to get colindex by column name, just opposite NameToColIndex 2.Is there additional way to improve performance of whole tabpage which displays 5 grids? I used Begin/End Update for each grid separately. Thanks in advance

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 14, 2004 07:41 PM UTC

1) int field = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.ColIndexToField; int name = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.GridBoundColumns[field].MappingName; // or int name = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.InternalColumns[field].MappingName; 2) If making bulk changes or adding or removing rows is what is slow, you can try calling grid.Binder.SuspendBinding/ResumeBinding.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon