We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Removing forms from TabbedMDIManager

I need to remove the forms from a tabbedMDIManager without Closing (and thus disposing) of the forms. I have a set of forms instantiated in memory and need to Hide and Show them in various configurations. If I call Hide() on a form, it disappears but the tab in the tabbed mdi remains visible. Clicking on the tab may show the form again. How do I remove forms from a tabbedMDIManager without Closing them?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2004 04:30 PM UTC

Hi Ken, You could hide and show the MDI child forms as shown in the code snippet below : // Consider the second MDI child // has to be hidden/shown // Hide MDI child this.f2.Hide(); this.f2.MdiParent = null; // Show MDI child this.f2.Show(); this.f2.MdiParent = this; Please refer to the test sample attached here, and let me know if this meets your requirements. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

HI Hussein Ismail August 12, 2004 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Guru, I''ve downloaded your sample application and it doesn''t seem to work. What version of the tools is this designed with? >Hi Ken, > >You could hide and show the MDI child forms as shown in the code snippet below : > >// Consider the second MDI child >// has to be hidden/shown > >// Hide MDI child >this.f2.Hide(); >this.f2.MdiParent = null; > >// Show MDI child >this.f2.Show(); >this.f2.MdiParent = this; > >Please refer to the test sample attached here, and let me know if this meets your requirements. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 12, 2004 05:51 PM UTC

Hi Hussein, This sample was created using the latest source code build of Essential Suite. Thanks for creating Direct-Trac incident 12953 in this regard. I will update you there shortly. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

KL Ken Law August 14, 2004 02:35 PM UTC

Thanks Guru, that works well. I did discover that if the f2.Show() call is put after the f2.MdiParent=this call, you avoid a screen flash that briefly shows the screen in its normal state (i.e. as if the MDITabbedManager was disconnected).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 15, 2004 09:36 PM UTC

Hi Ken, Thanks for the update, and also for sharing information regarding the order in which the Show method and MdiParent properties should be called/set. Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon