We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Suspend docking manager layout?

The mainform of my application has a 3 docked controls, two of which (A, B) are in a tab group on the left and one (C) on the bottom. All of the docked controls have AutoHideOnLoad set to true. The rest of the client area is covered by a DockingClientPanel with SizeToFit set to true. What I''m seeing is that the layout of the controls fluctuates wildly as the docking manager goes through the layout process. I''m wondering if there is a way to prevent this from happening? Is suspend the visual aspect (BeginUpdate/ResumeUpdate) as the manager performs the layout?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2004 02:00 PM UTC

Hi Sean, Thanks for highlighting this issue using a test sample application. This is a known issue, and there is no quick/easy workaround for this. Our docking windows framework is modelled on the VS.NET IDE''s docking windows framework. Even in the VS.NET IDE, when you rearrange the docking windows layout, close that particular instance of VS.NET, and reopen it, you will observe flashes for a short period of time before the new docking windows layout is loaded. I am afraid, these minimal amount of flashes that occur cannot be avoided. However, we have incorporated several enhancements in our v2.0 releases to suppress the flashes and keep them to their minimum. This is a gradual process and we will continue to add improvements and hope to fine tune this flickering behavior over a period time. We appreciate your feedback on this issue and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SG Sean Greer August 11, 2004 02:28 PM UTC

Guru, Thank you for the detailed response regarding this issue. I look forward to continued improvement in this area in 2.1 and beyond. Sean

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon