We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Splitter Adventures

Couple of (OK, three) splitter questions: 1) I put a grid in a splitter, and, for reference, drew a 400 pixel-wide panel under the splitter, left-aligned with the splitter. I also put a button on the form that pops up a messagebox showing the value of SplitterControl1.HSplitPos. When I run the app, and align the vertical splitter as best I can with the righthand end of the reference panel, and click the button, the messagebox reports that the value for SplitterControl1.HSplitPos is 58 - pretty far from the 400 I'd expect. So, what is SplitterControl1.HSplitPos actually measuring? 2) If I split the grid vertically (as above), can I eliminate the horizontal scrollbar from one of the panes? 3) Can I make the splitter bar move smoothly, as opposed to the default snapping to a grid? Thanks - Ivan Pelly

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 22, 2002 03:14 PM UTC

1) The units are percentages of width (or height). So, you should see values in the range from 0 to 100. The help description for the property does say pixels, but that is a mistake. We will get that corrected. 2) There is no way to hide a scrollbar in our dynamic splitter. 3) I may be misunderstanding what you are describing, but I do not see this behavior. If I open the Splitter sample that ships with Essential Grid, the splitters can be positioned at any point, and don't snap to any particular position. If you can described how I can see this behavior in the Splitter sample, then maybe I can suggest something.

IP Ivan Pelly November 22, 2002 04:42 PM UTC

1) I think a pixels setting would be as, if not more useful. Since percentage is an integer, on a 600 pixel wide grid, you can only position the splitter bar to the nearest 6 pixels. Even more useful would me a mode where the splitter bar snaps to the nearest column boundary (like ComponentOne and Excel). 2) Bummer. The ability to hide would be good. The ability to split multiple times in the same direction would be good, too (like ComponentOne). 3) It seems that, based on my observation, that when dragging the splitterbar, it jumps in 1% increments. If you make the grid big, you see the jumps better.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 22, 2002 08:36 PM UTC

Hi Ivan, your suggestions make sense. I'll log them and we'll address this suggestions in future. But, give us some time. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon