We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

What is the best Grid for real time data?

Hi, Here is a very general question for experts :-). I used MS grid and syncfusion grids for my apps. I have to always work with the real time data, which means the data may come in from sockets, the datagrid rows will be added, updated or deleted in real time. The cells, rows or columns could be colored individually and dynamically based on the user requirements. At the same time, the user may sort the data by columns (only interactions, no edit from the user). I feel DataBound grid may be the best option (or MS datagrid with a datatable as source) in this situation, since I do not worry much on the grid, any change on the source will be relected on the grid. However, I am not sure if the grid get updated too often, whehter it will stall the client, which is out of my control. I see virtual grid in sycfusion, not use it before. Would that be a better option to use virtual grid instead of databound in this case? Or do you think there gridcontrol will fit this senario better? Thanks a lot Chris

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2004 12:58 PM UTC

You should take a look at this sample. Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.5.1\Grid\Samples\DataBound\GridPerf It allows you to test different scenarios (like removing rows/inserting trows/changing rows) using either our GridDataBoundGrid or a GridControl in virtual mode or a Windows Forms DataGrid. The simplest thing to do would be to use our GridDataBoundGrid. If that is not sufficiently fast for your needs, then using a virtual GridControl can be faster, but does require more coding.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2004 03:15 PM UTC

Thanks a lot for the quick response! It seems the exact sample that I am looking for. I will look into it. Chris >You should take a look at this sample. >Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.5.1\Grid\Samples\DataBound\GridPerf > >It allows you to test different scenarios (like removing rows/inserting trows/changing rows) using either our GridDataBoundGrid or a GridControl in virtual mode or a Windows Forms DataGrid. > >The simplest thing to do would be to use our GridDataBoundGrid. If that is not sufficiently fast for your needs, then using a virtual GridControl can be faster, but does require more coding.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon