We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridDataBoundGrid with UserControl column

I''m looking for a sample that shows how to use a UserControl in a column in a GridDataBoundGrid. The RepeaterUserControlSample uses a GridControl and I''m wondering why? It seems to have been designed around the GridDataBoundGrid but isn''t any longer. So, can you place a usercontrol in a GDBG?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 7, 2004 08:03 PM UTC

Yes. You can try using the GenericPanelCellModel and GenericPanelCellRenderer in a GridDataBoundGrid. It is just a celltype. The RepeaterControl sample uses this celltype in a virtual GridControl to mimic a repeater control. But it is celltype that you can try to use in other grids. As for using it is a GridDataBoundGrid, I am not sure how you are going to use the single field that is mapped to this column from the gridDataBoundGrid''s datasource.

SG Sean Greer August 7, 2004 08:31 PM UTC

Clay, sorry I had a total brain-freeze on this one. You''re absolutely right, the GDBG is not what I want and the sample is much closer to my needs. Thanks, Sean >Yes. You can try using the GenericPanelCellModel and GenericPanelCellRenderer in a GridDataBoundGrid. It is just a celltype. > >The RepeaterControl sample uses this celltype in a virtual GridControl to mimic a repeater control. But it is celltype that you can try to use in other grids. As for using it is a GridDataBoundGrid, I am not sure how you are going to use the single field that is mapped to this column from the gridDataBoundGrid''s datasource.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon