We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

GridDataBoundGrid with UserControl column

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

17393 Aug 7,2004 05:44 PM UTC Aug 7,2004 08:31 PM UTC WinForms 2
Tags: GridControl
Sean Greer
Asked On August 7, 2004 05:44 PM UTC

I''m looking for a sample that shows how to use a UserControl in a column in a GridDataBoundGrid. The RepeaterUserControlSample uses a GridControl and I''m wondering why? It seems to have been designed around the GridDataBoundGrid but isn''t any longer. So, can you place a usercontrol in a GDBG?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 7, 2004 08:03 PM UTC

Yes. You can try using the GenericPanelCellModel and GenericPanelCellRenderer in a GridDataBoundGrid. It is just a celltype. The RepeaterControl sample uses this celltype in a virtual GridControl to mimic a repeater control. But it is celltype that you can try to use in other grids. As for using it is a GridDataBoundGrid, I am not sure how you are going to use the single field that is mapped to this column from the gridDataBoundGrid''s datasource.

Sean Greer
Replied On August 7, 2004 08:31 PM UTC

Clay, sorry I had a total brain-freeze on this one. You''re absolutely right, the GDBG is not what I want and the sample is much closer to my needs. Thanks, Sean >Yes. You can try using the GenericPanelCellModel and GenericPanelCellRenderer in a GridDataBoundGrid. It is just a celltype. > >The RepeaterControl sample uses this celltype in a virtual GridControl to mimic a repeater control. But it is celltype that you can try to use in other grids. As for using it is a GridDataBoundGrid, I am not sure how you are going to use the single field that is mapped to this column from the gridDataBoundGrid''s datasource.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;