We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Importing from Excel

I can see how to import from and export to excel, as it is shown in the code. What I don''t get is that it must be done cell by cell itterating through everything? Is there no easy way to import to and export from excel or will I have to manually set everything myself when trying to open an excel file? I am just testing the software now to see how it is working. Let me know if there is a way to do this. Thanks.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2004 10:21 AM UTC

Hi Akshay, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential ExcelRW. 1) Are you trying to import an Excel file into Essential Grid?. 2) If your interested in importing just the values in the excel spreadsheet then we have an ExportDataTable method that would export the whole worksheet into a DataTable but if you would like to import all the contents wilt all the formatting , then you would have to iterate to all the cells. Please let me know if you need any other information. Also, I can send you a sample, if you send me a list of formatting that you would like to import into Essential Grid. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I can see how to import from and export to excel, as it is shown in the code. What I don''t get is that it must be done cell by cell itterating through everything? Is there no easy way to import to and export from excel or will I have to manually set everything myself when trying to open an excel file? I am just testing the software now to see how it is working. Let me know if there is a way to do this. Thanks.

AA Akshay Arora August 9, 2004 11:27 AM UTC

I am interesting in importing the values as well as the formatting. The idea behind this is to perhaps design a template in Excel and then import all the formulas, formatting, merged cells, etc, etc into the Grid and use the Grid instead of Excel. Though depending on performance and how easy it is to do this, I might not. Just exploring right now and trying to see how all this would work out. Also, is there a way to convert from ExcelKnownColors to the .Net Color?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2004 07:36 PM UTC

Hi Akshay, IWorkbook has a method for converting the ExcelKnownColor to System.Color IWorkbook myWorkbookOne = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Add(); Color cl = myWorkbook.GetPaletteColor(ExcelKnownColors.Bright_green); Please let me know if you require any other information. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I am interesting in importing the values as well as the formatting. The idea behind this is to perhaps design a template in Excel and then import all the formulas, formatting, merged cells, etc, etc into the Grid and use the Grid instead of Excel. Though depending on performance and how easy it is to do this, I might not. Just exploring right now and trying to see how all this would work out. > >Also, is there a way to convert from ExcelKnownColors to the .Net Color?

AA Akshay Arora August 11, 2004 10:07 AM UTC

What version does this function exist in because the one I have does not have this function. It does however have a function to go from Colors to an ExcelKnownColor. I am testing version 2.0.5.1 which I downloaded just this past thursday or friday.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2004 11:04 AM UTC

Hi Akshay, Sorry for the confusion. The evaluation version that is available for download will be updated today with version 2.1. This version has a number of new features and much better performance than 2.0.5.1. I will update this thread with download information when the new version becomes available. Thank you for your co-operation. Best regards, Stephen. >What version does this function exist in because the one I have does not have this function. It does however have a function to go from Colors to an ExcelKnownColor. I am testing version 2.0.5.1 which I downloaded just this past thursday or friday.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon