We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

symbols pallette

Programmatically, how difficult would it be to use a VS.NET toolbox as a symbols pallete instead of the current default toolbox? thank you William

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 6, 2004 06:44 PM UTC

Hi William, Can you elaborate on this please? Are you referring to using the actual VS.NET Toolbox control, with all it''s component items, as a diagram palette or do you just want a VS.NET Toolbox type user-interface for the diagram palette? If the intention is to use the actual VS.NET Toolbox, then I am afraid this is not possible as Essential Diagram expects it''s palette to be composed of SymbolModel items that encapsulate the requisite data for creating the appropriate Symbol instance. I don''t see how a VS.NET Toolbox can by itself serve as a diagram palette. If your design intent is to add to the diagram, symbols that would represent items in the VS.NET Toolbox, then you would have to intercept the diagram control''s drag & drop events, extract data about the VS.NET toolbar item that is being dragged over it, create the Essential Diagram Symbol object on the fly and add the symbol instance to the diagram. Such an approach would enable you to add functionality where the VS.NET toolbox appears to function as a diagram palette. If I am completely off track here, and you just want a VS.NET Toolbox type user-interface for the Diagram palette, then this should be fairly simple to do. Essential Diagram uses the Essential Tool''s GroupBar & GroupView controls for implementing the symbols palette, and the Tools controls have provision for a VS.NET Toolbox type interface. All you have to do is override diagram''s palette implementation and re-initialize it''s GroupBar and GroupView controls to provide the Toolbox type interface. Our support group would be more than willing to guide you on this. I hope I have answered your question. If not, then please provide more detailed information. Regards, Prakash, Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 6, 2004 07:59 PM UTC

Prakash, I''m basically just after the look and feel of the VS.NET toolbox and from what you said it can be done. Thanks for you help, William >Hi William, > >Can you elaborate on this please? Are you referring to using the actual VS.NET Toolbox control, with all it''s component items, as a diagram palette or do you just want a VS.NET Toolbox type user-interface for the diagram palette? If the intention is to use the actual VS.NET Toolbox, then I am afraid this is not possible as Essential Diagram expects it''s palette to be composed of SymbolModel items that encapsulate the requisite data for creating the appropriate Symbol instance. I don''t see how a VS.NET Toolbox can by itself serve as a diagram palette. > >If your design intent is to add to the diagram, symbols that would represent items in the VS.NET Toolbox, then you would have to intercept the diagram control''s drag & drop events, extract data about the VS.NET toolbar item that is being dragged over it, create the Essential Diagram Symbol object on the fly and add the symbol instance to the diagram. Such an approach would enable you to add functionality where the VS.NET toolbox appears to function as a diagram palette. > >If I am completely off track here, and you just want a VS.NET Toolbox type user-interface for the Diagram palette, then this should be fairly simple to do. Essential Diagram uses the Essential Tool''s GroupBar & GroupView controls for implementing the symbols palette, and the Tools controls have provision for a VS.NET Toolbox type interface. All you have to do is override diagram''s palette implementation and re-initialize it''s GroupBar and GroupView controls to provide the Toolbox type interface. Our support group would be more than willing to guide you on this. > >I hope I have answered your question. If not, then please provide more detailed information. > >Regards, > >Prakash, >Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon