We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

LayoutManagers?

What Layout Managers are available and how do I use them? My application generates a number of symbols from a datasource and I don''t feel like Setting their Layout Manually. When I set the Diagram.LayoutManager.AutoLayout to true I get a null reference exception? Your help will be appreciated. TD

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 6, 2004 07:47 PM UTC

Hi Theo, Essential Diagram provides only the basic plumbing for the LayoutManager and the actual layout algorithm has to be implemented by the application hosting the diagram. In your application, first subclass the Diagram.LayoutManager class, override it''s UpdateLayout(object contextInfo) method and then provide the appropriate layout logic from within this method. Setting the Diagram.LayoutManager property to refer to an instance of your LayoutManager will then hook up the diagram to the layout manager. The Essential Diagram\OrgChart sample shows an implementation for a LayoutManager. Referring to this sample and the class reference documentation on the LayoutManager type will give you a good idea on how to go about adding layout management. Regards, Prakash Surendra, Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon