We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Registering for COM Interop

Hi In a .NET project I''m working in, where I use Syncfusion components, I have to register it for COM Interoperability, so I can load it in another project in VB6. The problem is, I''m getting an error compiling my project with COM Interop support. I get the following error message: COM Interop registration failed. Could not find a type library for assembly ''Syncfusion.Shared''. How can I solve this? Thanks, Pedro Miguel Rodrigues

4 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team August 10, 2004 01:55 AM UTC

Hi Pedro, Sorry for the delay in getting back. We will test this and post an update tomorrow. Thank you for using Syncfusion products. Best regards, Daniel >Hi > >In a .NET project I''m working in, where I use Syncfusion components, I have to register it for COM Interoperability, so I can load it in another project in VB6. > >The problem is, I''m getting an error compiling my project with COM Interop support. > >I get the following error message: > >COM Interop registration failed. Could not find a type library for assembly ''Syncfusion.Shared''. > >How can I solve this? > >Thanks, >Pedro Miguel Rodrigues

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2004 06:29 PM UTC

Hi Pedro Can you post some more information on this issue. Here is a sample control which uses the CalculatorControl in Essential Tools. Build this sample and then try using it in the ActiveX Control Test Container (tstcon32.exe) and choose Insert->New Control and then choose MyCalculatorControl.UserControl1. I created and tested this sample using the 2.0.5.1 version of Essential Suite. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2004 06:31 PM UTC

Here a link to thesample. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 4, 2005 06:02 PM UTC

>Hi > >In a .NET project I''m working in, where I use Syncfusion components, I have to register it for COM Interoperability, so I can load it in another project in VB6. > >The problem is, I''m getting an error compiling my project with COM Interop support. > >I get the following error message: > >COM Interop registration failed. Could not find a type library for assembly ''Syncfusion.Shared''. > >How can I solve this? > >Thanks, >Pedro Miguel Rodrigues

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon