We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to make right-click activate AND change selection?

I want right-click behavior just like Excel - when you right click within the selection, neither the current cell nor the selection will change, just a pop-up will appear. However when you right-click outside the selection, it should select the cell under the cursor and also make it active. I have a grid with ExcelLikeCurrentCell set to true, and hte following right-click handler: private void grid_MouseDown(object sender, MouseEventArgs e) { if ( e.Button == MouseButtons.Right ) { GridRangeInfo clickedRange = grid.PointToRangeInfo(new Point(e.X,e.Y)); bool clickedInSelection = false; if ( clickedRange != null ) { foreach ( GridRangeInfo info in grid.Selections.Ranges ) { if ( info.IntersectsWith(clickedRange) ) { clickedInSelection = true; break; } } if ( !clickedInSelection ) { grid.Selections.Clear(true); grid.Selections.SelectRange(clickedRange, true); grid.CurrentCell.Activate(clickedRange.Top, clickedRange.Left, GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus); } } } } Also I have a Syncfusion XPMenu popup tied to the grid. However when I right-click outside the selection, it changes the selection but doesnt appear to change the current cell also. How can I get it to do this? Thanks - Daniel

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 5, 2004 06:52 PM UTC

Instead of grid.Selections.Clear(true); grid.Selections.SelectRange(clickedRange, true); grid.CurrentCell.Activate(clickedRange.Top, clickedRange.Left, GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus); try grid.Selections.Clear(true); grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo(clickedRange.Top, clickedRange.Left, GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus);

DC Daniel Chait August 5, 2004 07:39 PM UTC

Thanks that did the trick.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon