We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Edit Control looking really weird

Hi! Has anybody ever seen an edit control that has an offsetted text outside the control? I''m attaching a screenshot of my application with the but. The problem is that this behavior does not happen consistently. Any ideas? Raymond. EditControlBug_440.zip EditControlBug_4856.zip EditControlBug_8502.zip

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2004 03:51 PM UTC

Hi Raymond We could not reproduce the problem here. It is going to be difficult to look at what could be causing this, before being able to reproduce this behavior consistently. Kindly update this posting if more information becomes available. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2004 04:17 PM UTC

That''s the thing ... It doesn''t happen consistently? I''m suspicious that it might be using font (or other GDI) resources and not returning it back. The edit control is in a window that gets created and recreated quite a lot of time. The application itself is quite memory-intensive. Sometimes, it seems that the offset is totally wrong. Other times, the font''s spacing is a bit off (which is why I think it''s a resource problem). Any ideas? Thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2004 07:07 PM UTC

Hi Raymond, We encountered the same issue when working with the Essential Edit control on a different project and were able to track it down. If you are using a recent build of Essential Suite, then the display problem is likely to be caused by a bug that crept into the Essential Suite GroupBar control. The GroupBar class was directly re-initializing the StringFormat.GenericTypographics instance and this was causing other accessors(Essential Edit included) of the StringFormat type to use the re-initialized values rather than the default values. We have taken care of the problem and future updates of Essential Suite will ship with the revised code. Regards, Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 25, 2004 07:36 PM UTC

That''s good news!! However, I don''t think we are using the GroupBar control, so there might be other things that are doing the same thing. We are using the grid extensively, the XPToolBar quite a lot, TreeViewAdv, popupmenu control, edit control. I think we''re using other Syncfusion controls as well, but that''s all I can think of at the top of my head. >Hi Raymond, > >We encountered the same issue when working with the Essential Edit control on a different project and were able to track it down. If you are using a recent build of Essential Suite, then the display problem is likely to be caused by a bug that crept into the Essential Suite GroupBar control. The GroupBar class was directly re-initializing the StringFormat.GenericTypographics instance and this was causing other accessors(Essential Edit included) of the StringFormat type to use the re-initialized values rather than the default values. > >We have taken care of the problem and future updates of Essential Suite will ship with the revised code. > >Regards, >Prakash >Syncfusion, Inc.

RG Raymond Gunawan August 31, 2004 10:07 PM UTC

Hello, A similar thing is happening with the font text box. I think this is happening with the latest version (2.1.0.9). Thanks! Raymond.

RG Raymond Gunawan August 31, 2004 10:08 PM UTC

Actually, The same thing is still happening in the edit control with the 2.1.0.9 also. Raymond.

RG Raymond Gunawan September 1, 2004 12:47 PM UTC

Whoops, never mind. Some of our code modifies the StringFormat.GenericTypography object directly, and that was causing the edit control to be weird. Thanks for the earlier hint Raymond. >Actually, > >The same thing is still happening in the edit control with the 2.1.0.9 also. > >Raymond. >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon