We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Changing PopupHost.FormBorderStyle on ComboDropDown

ES 2.0.6.0 I have a ComboDropDown that I use to display a tree view. I''d like to change the PopupHost''s FormBorderStyle to SizableToolWindow in order to allow the user to resize the container if they need more room. I''m trying this code in a handler on the PopupContainer''s BeforePopup: this.m_cbCenterFilter.PopupContainer.PopupHost.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.SizableToolWindow; this.m_CenterTree.Dock = DockStyle.Fill; Unfortunately, the DockStyle setting doesn''t have any effect. Even though I can resize the container, the control appear to not be docked and it''s size is not affected. Am I missing something here?

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 2, 2004 09:34 PM UTC

Hi Sean, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have created a test_sample as per your directions and could observe the above mentioned issues here. The PopupControlContainer resizing seems to be causing drawing issues and the TreeViewAdv does not get docked as expected. I have requested the development team for their assistance in this regard, and will update you as soon as I hear from them. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SG Sean Greer August 3, 2004 01:31 PM UTC

Guru, Thanks for doing the leg-work to reproduce this. Should I open a direct-trac incident so that this can be tracked? Sean

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 4, 2004 12:03 AM UTC

Hi Sean, Please handle the ComboDropDown.PopupContainer''s BeforePopup event as shown below : private void PopupContainer_BeforePopup(object sender, CancelEventArgs args) { this.treeViewAdv1.Dock = DockStyle.Fill; this.comboDropDown1.PopupContainer.PopupHost.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.SizableToolWindow; if(!(this.comboDropDown1.PopupContainer.PopupHost.Size.Width >= 198)) this.comboDropDown1.PopupContainer.PopupHost.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(198, 150); // So that the popup container will Fill the entire popup host when resized. this.comboDropDown1.PopupContainer.Dock = DockStyle.Fill; } I have modified my earlier sample accordingly and have attached here. Please refer to it and let me know if this works for you. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SG Sean Greer August 4, 2004 02:37 PM UTC

Guru, you''re the man!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon