We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Question for TreeViewAdv

Hi, I Wrote a very simple program to use TreeViewAdv. If you right click on the Top Level Tree, It will pop up context menu which allow you add child. My issues is after I successfully add child to top level, I can''t select any tree items. Attached is my sample program, please take a look at it. Thanks a lot. --Shuyang He test_6980.zip

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 30, 2004 10:08 PM UTC

Hi Shuyang, Thanks for the test sample. I do see the above mentioned issue here in your sample. I will further investigate this code and get back to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 31, 2004 06:31 PM UTC

Hi Shuyang, After having further investigated this code, it appears to be a shortcoming in our TreeViewAdv control. I have notified the development team in this regard, and will update you as soon as I have more information available. For now, you could use the PopupMenu control instead of the .Net ContextMenu as a workaround. '' set the TreeViewAdv as the target control of the PopupMenu Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Me.PopupMenusManager1.SetXPContextMenu(Me.TreeViewAdv1, Me.PopupMenu1) End Sub '' Before displaying the menu, check if its the first node Private Sub PopupMenu1_BeforePopup(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.CancelMouseEventArgs) Handles PopupMenu1.BeforePopup Dim root As TreeNodeAdv = Me.TreeViewAdv1.Root.Nodes(0) Dim clickPoint As Point = Me.TreeViewAdv1.PointToClient(Control.MousePosition) Dim clickNode As TreeNodeAdv = Me.TreeViewAdv1.PointToNode(clickPoint) If (root Is clickNode) Then '' display popupmenu Else e.Cancel = True End If End Sub '' Insert a new node on the first BarItem being clicked Private Sub BarItem1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles BarItem1.Click Dim root As TreeNodeAdv = Me.TreeViewAdv1.Root.Nodes.Item(0) Dim newNode As TreeNodeAdv = New TreeNodeAdv("TestCat") root.Nodes.Insert(0, newNode) End Sub I have modified your earlier sample accordingly and have attached it here. Let me know if this works for you. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 2, 2004 10:35 AM UTC

Hi, Guru It worked. Thanks a lot. --Shuyang He >Hi Shuyang, > >After having further investigated this code, it appears to be a shortcoming in our TreeViewAdv control. I have notified the development team in this regard, and will update you as soon as I have more information available. > >For now, you could use the PopupMenu control instead of the .Net ContextMenu as a workaround. > >'' set the TreeViewAdv as the target control of the PopupMenu >Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load > Me.PopupMenusManager1.SetXPContextMenu(Me.TreeViewAdv1, Me.PopupMenu1) > End Sub > >'' Before displaying the menu, check if its the first node > Private Sub PopupMenu1_BeforePopup(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.CancelMouseEventArgs) Handles PopupMenu1.BeforePopup > Dim root As TreeNodeAdv = Me.TreeViewAdv1.Root.Nodes(0) > Dim clickPoint As Point = Me.TreeViewAdv1.PointToClient(Control.MousePosition) > Dim clickNode As TreeNodeAdv = Me.TreeViewAdv1.PointToNode(clickPoint) > > If (root Is clickNode) Then > '' display popupmenu > Else > e.Cancel = True > End If > End Sub > >'' Insert a new node on the first BarItem being clicked > Private Sub BarItem1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles BarItem1.Click > Dim root As TreeNodeAdv = Me.TreeViewAdv1.Root.Nodes.Item(0) > Dim newNode As TreeNodeAdv = New TreeNodeAdv("TestCat") > root.Nodes.Insert(0, newNode) > End Sub > >I have modified your earlier sample accordingly and have attached it here. Let me know if this works for you. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 2, 2004 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Shuyang, Thanks for the update. I would like to inform you that the above mentioned shortcoming in the TreeViewAdv control has now been taken care of, and the fixes will be available in the next release of Essential Suite. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon