We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Expanding row problem

Hi I am using GridDataBoundGrid with 2 hierarchial level. On RowEnter event I want to do something specific with data. I dont want to do if user has clicked the cell to expand row. Means [+] Cell if user has clicked I dont want to execute the code in event handler of RowEnter event. How can I achieve this? Umangi

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 29, 2004 04:01 PM UTC

Here is one thing you can try. Set a flag to true in the RowExpanding event. Then check this flag in RowEnter to see if you are coming from RowExpanding. You would also probably want to reset it to false at the end of your RowEnter code.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 29, 2004 04:09 PM UTC

I did the same. But the RowEnter event gets fired twice. One before RowExpanding and one after RowExpanding. Even CurrentCellActivated also fired twice like this. Otherwise instead on RowEnter I could use that event. I want to write the code when user clicks on cell or through keyboard up down button selects the cell.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 29, 2004 04:33 PM UTC

Try using CellButtonClicked.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 29, 2004 04:40 PM UTC

Thanks Clay It''s great help. Umangi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon