We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

AllowAddNew in GDBG bound to an ArrayList

What do I have to do to convince the Binder that it can add new records when bound to an ArrayList? Is it only ADO.NET datasources that set AllowAddNew to true? Thanks

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 29, 2004 01:11 PM UTC

Your ArrayList would have to implement IBindingList (at least the methods associated with adding a new object to the list) in order for the default AddNew architecture to work.

JL Jeff Lancaster August 9, 2004 09:34 PM UTC

Any chance you have an example of this. I have the same need - a GDBG bound to an arraylist in which I need to be able to programatically add and delete rows. >Your ArrayList would have to implement IBindingList (at least the methods associated with adding a new object to the list) in order for the default AddNew architecture to work.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2004 10:30 PM UTC

The Grid\Samples\DataBound\Hierarchical\Customers sample has a custom collection that implements IBindingList is the sample we ship that implement IBindingList.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon