We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GDBG. How can I allow to insert rows in the nested table and disallow inserting to parent table

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

16946 Jul 28,2004 01:19 AM Jul 28,2004 02:22 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Silenter
Asked On July 28, 2004 01:19 AM

Hi. I have gdbg grid with dataset with two table are joined by relation. I need to allow to user to insert records only to nested table, but disallow it for parent table. Regards, Slava.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 28, 2004 02:22 AM

If you are using a single hierarchical GridDataBoundGrid to display your dataset, then there is no support for adding rows to a child table from within the grid, so you would have to do this working directly with your dataset (and not the grid). Here is a forum thread that discusses adding/deleting rows at any level. There is a sample at the bottom of the second post in the thread. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=14019

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;