We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RichTextBox Cells ?

How can I put a RichTextBox as an inplace editor for a Cell (or a Column) ? Thanks by advance

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 20, 2002 10:17 AM UTC

> How can I put a RichTextBox as an inplace editor for a Cell (or a Column) ? > > Thanks by advance I guess you also want to do be able to show different colors and fonts in that same cell. Right now, you will have to derive your own cell model and cell renderer. For the active current cell when it has focus (see ShouldDrawFocusedCell()) you position the richtext control inside a cell at the given bounds passed to a Renderer.Draw method. Otherwise if Draw is called for inactive cells, you need to print the RichText yourself to a dc. You will need to call the RichText controls FormatRange method to do that using Interop. It is a bit complicate but I can send you a small sample project with a richtext control that shows how to call FormatRange. That said, our plans are to add a RichText cell and some other cell types with our 2.0 version. This is planned early next year. That would be the easiest for you just to wait and you don't have to mess around with FormatRange. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon