We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Listbox drag and drop

Hello, 
I have a page with multiple ListBox with AllowDragAndDrop set to true. During the OnDropped event I want to know wich ListBox is receiving the dragged items. I have seen that the DropEventArgs class contains the Target property wich is now deprecated. What are the alternatives to use?

11 Replies

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team August 3, 2021 05:41 PM UTC

Hi Audrey, 

We have checked your reported query. We need to validate more on this query. So, we will update you the further details on August 5th , 2021. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Gayathri K 

PS psyk August 6, 2021 02:24 PM UTC

Hello,

Do you need more details?

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team August 9, 2021 03:04 AM UTC

Hi psky, 

We have checked your reported requirement and we would like to let you know that currently we don’t have support to know the target element of ListBox drop item. However, we have considered this as an improvement and it will be available in any of our upcoming patch releases which will be scheduled on August 25th,2021 and we appreciate your patience until then. 

You can track the status of this improvement using below link from our feedback portal,     

Please get back to us, if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Gayathri K 

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team August 26, 2021 09:43 AM UTC

Hi psky,  

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.  

We are facing more complexity while including the improvement. So, we will include this improvement in our upcoming patch release which is expected to schedule on 1st September 2021. We appreciate your patience until then. Please track the status of this using below feedback portal link.  

Regards,  
Gayathri K 

SP Scott Peal replied to Gayathri KarunaiAnandam August 26, 2021 07:40 PM UTC

I also need this feature. Hard to know which list is the target/destination.  Thanks

AS Aravinthan Seetharaman Syncfusion Team August 27, 2021 04:03 PM UTC

Hi Scott, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

As promised, we will provide this improvement. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Aravinthan S  

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team October 6, 2021 03:05 AM UTC

Hi Audrey, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2021 Volume 3 release v19.3.0.43  is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. We have included the Target property to know about the item drop in Listbox. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,           
Gayathri K 

GW Giles Wakefield November 17, 2022 06:55 PM UTC

I have raised a separate post for this (links to this post) but it does not seem at all obvious how to actually use the DropEventArgs<T>.Target property to identify which ListBox is receiving the drop.

I cannot work out how to either fetch any identifying information from the listbox (even including a @ref pointing at a ListBox<TItem, TValue> field in the code) or how to set anything.

The ElementReference provided by Target has an Id Property but this seems to be a generated number and I can't see how to associate this with any particular ListBox control.

YA YuvanShankar Arunagiri Syncfusion Team November 19, 2022 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Giles,

Confirmed this as an issue and logged a bug report. The fix will be available in our upcoming patch release planned for 7th December 2022.

Feedback link for tracking purpose: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/39226/provide-the-listboxs-id-value-to-ondrop-eventargs-of-the-listbox

You will be informed regarding this once the fix is published.

Regards,

YuvanShankar A

YA YuvanShankar Arunagiri Syncfusion Team December 16, 2022 10:43 AM UTC

Giles, we apologize for the inconvenience.

We are still facing more difficulty fixing this issue than we had anticipated. So, we need additional time to fix this bug and have planned to include it in our upcoming weekly patch release, which will be scheduled on the 1st week of January 2023.

Feedback link for tracking purpose: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/39226/provide-the-listboxs-id-value-to-ondrop-eventargs-of-the-listbox

We appreciate your patience until then, and you will be informed regarding this once the fix is published.

YA YuvanShankar Arunagiri Syncfusion Team February 2, 2023 04:35 AM UTC

Hi Giles,

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2022 Volume 4 SP release v20.4.0.48 is rolled out and included the fix (Provided the listbox Id value to Drop event arguments) in this release and is available for download under the following link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/180292/essential-studio-2022-volume-4-service-pack-release-v20-4-0-48-is-available-for-download

Feedback link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/39226/provide-the-listboxs-id-value-to-ondrop-eventargs-of-the-listbox

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,

YuvanShankar A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon