We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error Msg Entering "0" value into a Decimal Cell

I have a grouping grid which is raising a strange message whenever i Type in 0 and move to another cell. I get a MessageBox with the message "is not a valid value for a Decimal.". Normally it tells you the value that you''ve entered is not valid I now can''t enter a 0 value; FYI I''ve noticed this console msg: catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellRendererBase.OnValidate() in :line 0

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 23, 2004 11:56 AM UTC

Jason, Does that occur out of the box with a simple sample or are you handling events, formatting cells etc? If you have source code version you could switch to the debug build. Then the call stack would be more informative. Or if you only have the release version try to display the whole call stack. That would be of help to figure out where the exception was thrown. Try also to set Break Into Debugger for CLR Exceptions in the Debug|Excptions menu in Visual Studio. Thanks, Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 26, 2004 09:26 AM UTC

Hi Stefan, it was my fault entirely, I had a badly formed format string: "#,##0;-#,##0; " an empty space for the zero section

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon