We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

licencing is flawed!

I have problems with the new licencing method. It simply does not work. I see that there are other developers posting messages about this, and we all get only generic answers referring to KB articles or readme files that don''t really address the problem. I have read messages on this topic dating as far back as april 2004. For me, I get errors that complain about licencing for internal components, like Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.SharedComp, that never get into the licx file. I think that the Syncfusion developers should admit that there is a serious problem and that they should either fix it or remove the checks altogether (as in v1.6.x).

7 Replies

RR Raul Rosenthal July 23, 2004 11:11 AM UTC

Today I got patch v2.0.5.43, and after installing it the problems went away.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 5, 2004 09:20 PM UTC

>I have problems with the new licencing method. >It simply does not work. > >I see that there are other developers posting messages about this, and we all get only generic answers referring to KB articles or readme files that don''t really address the problem. > >I have read messages on this topic dating as far back as april 2004. > >For me, I get errors that complain about licencing for internal components, like Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.SharedComp, that never get into the licx file. > >I think that the Syncfusion developers should admit that there is a serious problem and that they should either fix it or remove the checks altogether (as in v1.6.x).

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team August 10, 2004 01:57 AM UTC

Hi Scott, Do you have a problem with licensing? We believe that we have resolved most issues reported with licensing during the last release. Can you send us details if you continue to experience problems? (danielj_REMTHIS@syncfusion.com). Thank you for using Syncfusion products. Best regards, Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 13, 2004 04:07 AM UTC

We are also having serious problems with Licensing. We have been unable to get our product to work on test machines due to the inability to load the user controls. Everything that we have read talks about the .licx files, and that they get created when you put the SyncFusion controls on the User Controls. And that if you are using the UC that you created you need to add it to the EXE project also. Well, what happens if you don''t own the EXE? We are developing plug-ins that are strictly User Controls. We cannot get them to load inside the EXE on the test machines. Based on all the things that I have been reading on these forums, I''m very concerned about this now. Any suggestions or ideas on how to get the SyncFusion controls to play nicely in EXEs that we do not own is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cory >Hi Scott, > >Do you have a problem with licensing? We believe that we have resolved most issues reported with licensing during the last release. Can you send us details if you continue to experience problems? (danielj_REMTHIS@syncfusion.com). > >Thank you for using Syncfusion products. > >Best regards, >Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 13, 2004 01:47 PM UTC

Hi Cory, This was due to a limitation with the built in licensing system. In version 2.0.5.43, we resolved this issue. Beginning with this version, the assembly that uses the syncfusion control needs to be licensed, not necessarily the executable (unless of course the exe also uses Syncfusion controls. A lot of work has been done to refine the licensing structure since the 2.0.5.x release, and there will be an update soon will all of the updates. Thanks, Trampas

HM Herb Manning August 13, 2004 02:53 PM UTC

Trampas: How could we obtain version 2.0.5.43?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 13, 2004 03:04 PM UTC

Hi NB Kindly open a support incident in Direct-Trac and we will update it with download instructions. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon