We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Errors: has no exported member

Hello, I tried the "Getting Started Tutorial" here:  https://ej2.syncfusion.com/angular/documentation/getting-started/angular-cli/

I followed all the instructions.  My package.json file looks like this:

"dependencies": {
    "@angular/animations""~12.0.3",
    "@angular/common""~12.0.3",
    "@angular/compiler""~12.0.3",
    "@angular/core""~12.0.3",
    "@angular/forms""~12.0.3",
    "@angular/platform-browser""~12.0.3",
    "@angular/platform-browser-dynamic""~12.0.3",
    "@angular/router""~12.0.3",
    "@syncfusion/ej2-angular-buttons""^19.1.63",
    "rxjs""~6.6.0",
    "tslib""^2.1.0",
    "zone.js""~0.11.4"
  },

When I run "ng serve", I'm getting tons of errors like this:

Error: node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-angular-buttons/src/switch/switch.module.d.ts:8:25 - error TS2694: Namespace '"C:/Users/Donald/Documents/Source/AngularLearning/syncfusion-angular-app/node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-angular-buttons/node_modules/@angular/core/core"' has no exported member 'ɵɵFactoryDeclaration'.

8     static ɵfac: ɵngcc0.ɵɵFactoryDeclaration<SwitchModule, never>;
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Error: node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-angular-buttons/src/switch/switch.module.d.ts:9:25 - error TS2694: Namespace '"C:/Users/Donald/Documents/Source/AngularLearning/syncfusion-angular-app/node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-angular-buttons/node_modules/@angular/core/core"' has no exported member 'ɵɵNgModuleDeclaration'.

9     static ɵmod: ɵngcc0.ɵɵNgModuleDeclaration<SwitchModule, [typeof ɵngcc1.SwitchComponent], [typeof ɵngcc2.CommonModule], [typeof ɵngcc1.SwitchComponent]>;
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[0mError: node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-angular-buttons/src/switch/switch.module.d.ts:10:25 - error TS2694: Namespace '"C:/Users/Donald/Documents/Source/AngularLearning/syncfusion-angular-app/node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-angular-buttons/node_modules/@angular/core/core"' has no exported member 'ɵɵInjectorDeclaration'.

10     static ɵinj: ɵngcc0.ɵɵInjectorDeclaration<SwitchModule>;

I tried both the ButtonModule and the ButtonAllModule.

Please advise?

Thanks, Donald.

21 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team June 7, 2021 03:43 AM UTC

Hi Donald, 

We have checked your reported query. We need to validate more on this query. So, we will update you the further details on June 8th, 2021. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Gayathri K 

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team June 9, 2021 03:40 AM UTC

Hi Donald, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We have validated your reported query. We are not able to reproduce the reported issue in old version (12.14) of NPM. We have prepared the sample. Please refer below link. 

We would like to let you know that the issue occurs in the latest version of NPM. We need to validate more cases on the reported query. So, we will update further details on June 10th ,2021. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Gayathri K 

GG GGSA June 10, 2021 11:20 PM UTC

I am experiencing the same issues when trying to compile even your "getting started" example or the sample app that you attached to this thread.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team June 11, 2021 01:49 PM UTC

Hi Donald and GGSA, 

We have checked your reported query.  We can reproduce the reported issue in latest NPM version (16). So that Angular always recommends to use active LTS or maintenance LTS version of Node. But you have used version as not  active LTS or maintenance LTS version . Please check the below links to know more about this. 

Screenshot:  

Please check the above links and get back to us, if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Gayathri K 

Marked as answer

DS Donald Snowdy June 11, 2021 01:53 PM UTC

Thank you!

I will remove Node 16.3, install the LTS version (14.17), and re-test.

Donald.

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team June 14, 2021 06:14 AM UTC

Thanks for your update, take your time and we will wait to hear from you.  

Regards, 
Gayathri K 

GG GGSA June 16, 2021 02:33 AM UTC

I uninstalled and re-installed node.js (16.3) making sure that NPM is also at it's latest/matching version and then deleted node_modules and reinstalled all the packages. After that, the Syncfusion components were compiling ok too.

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team June 16, 2021 09:05 AM UTC

Hi GGSA, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Gayathri K 

MA Marco September 2, 2021 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Support,

I'm still facing this issue.

I tried using Angular 12.1 and 12.2, with Node.Js 14.17.6 and Syncfusion packages 19.1 and 19.2.

I've also tried deleting package-lock.json, cleaning npm cache (npm cache clean --force) and deleting node_modules directory but the issue persists.

One thing I noticed is that syncfusion packages include Angular 11, as can be seen in package-lock.json

"node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-angular-buttons/node_modules/@angular/common": {

"version": "11.2.13",
      "resolved": "https://registry.npmjs.org/@angular/common/-/common-11.2.13.tgz",
      "integrity": "sha512-96iZ4wlZado78yG6eY/ZmY6+H2X2hJi2XsK7iXKzc5h3oeILEkt+ulfBNkCNjMm8xPYBmLrSBueG96/T4/Bi5w==",
      "peer": true,
      "dependencies": {
        "tslib": "^2.0.0"
      },
      "peerDependencies": {
        "@angular/core": "11.2.13",
        "rxjs": "^6.5.3"
      }
    },
    "node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-angular-buttons/node_modules/@angular/compiler": {
      "resolved": "https://registry.npmjs.org/@angular/compiler/-/compiler-11.2.13.tgz",
      "integrity": "sha512-HI7gfVozFW/rQoab0zVyYpU8PRHNWMk+pLc+q3ukVuByCmnBZ6kTAEQX2jnXVY8QGMmdptBgrsW/OsFaws98Zw==",
      }
    },
    "node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-angular-buttons/node_modules/@angular/core": {
      "resolved": "https://registry.npmjs.org/@angular/core/-/core-11.2.13.tgz",
      "integrity": "sha512-xMKskq/Sbf8dkX/vx4WCwXMpDTJJ77rGlP8fVTB8az8QeOa14i6AdpmSXaJ8sl68R3v8Y1Pa9yBQytbKuxShqQ==",
      },
      "peerDependencies": {
        "rxjs": "^6.5.3",
        "zone.js": "^0.10.2 || ^0.11.3"
      }
    },

Are there any plans to upgrade Syncfusion to include Angular 12?

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team September 6, 2021 03:51 AM UTC

Hi Marco, 

We have checked your reported query. We would like to let you know that we have updated our Syncfusion components to Angular 12. We want to inform you that we are not able to reproduce the reported issue in our end and we have created a sample application for reference that can be downloaded from the below link.  

Package.json: 

"dependencies": { 
    "@angular/animations""~12.1.0", 
    "@angular/common""~12.1.0", 
    "@angular/compiler""~12.1.0", 
    "@angular/core""~12.1.0", 
    "@angular/forms""~12.1.0", 
    "@angular/platform-browser""~12.1.0", 
    "@angular/platform-browser-dynamic""~12.1.0", 
    "@angular/router""~12.1.0", 
    "@syncfusion/ej2-angular-buttons""^19.2.55", 
    "rxjs""~6.6.0", 
    "tslib""^2.2.0", 
    "zone.js""~0.11.4" 
  }, 

If you are still facing issue, kindly share the below details. 

• If possible, try to reproduce the reported issue in provided sample or share the issue reproducible sample.
  • If possible, please share the video/screenshot of the issue.

Please provide the above requested information, based on that we will check and provide you a better solution quickly. 

Regards, 
Gayathri K 

MA Marco replied to Gayathri KarunaiAnandam September 6, 2021 12:37 PM UTC

Hi  Gayathri,

The dependencies shown in your screenshot are your project dependencies, not Syncfusion components ones.

I downloaded your sample project and, after running npm install, I checked in package-lock.json and found the following:

As you can see, when we install Syncfusion components, they still install Angular 11 as dependency:

So, my question remains: when will this dependency be updated to Angular 12?

Thanks and regards,

Marco.

AS Aravinthan Seetharaman Syncfusion Team September 8, 2021 04:04 AM UTC

Hi Marco, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.  

We have checked your reported query. We need to check further with concerned team. So, we will provide further details on September 9th, 2021. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Aravinthan S 

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team September 8, 2021 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Marco, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We have validated your reported query. Currently, we do not have an Angular 12 support for the EJ2 Components. We want to inform you that we have already logged feature request for Angular 12 support for EJ2 components and we expect that it will be included with our Volume 3, 2021 release scheduled at the end of this month. You can track the status using the following feedback portal link.  

Please get back to us if you have any queries.  

Regards,  
Gayathri K 

MA Marco replied to Gayathri KarunaiAnandam September 8, 2021 12:10 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply, guys!

Best regards,

Marco.

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team September 9, 2021 05:21 AM UTC

Hi Marco, 

Thanks for the update. 

As promised, we will include this feature in our Volume 3 main release which will be scheduled on end of this month. 

Regards, 
Gayathri K 

MM Michael Mairegger September 30, 2021 03:22 PM UTC

Unfortunately the new Volume 3 release does not solve this issue. There are the same peer dependencies, -11

Unfortunately the sample zip file above does not compile either

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team October 1, 2021 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2021 Volume 3 release v19.3.0.43  is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,           
Gayathri K 

MM Michael Mairegger October 4, 2021 06:37 AM UTC

Hi Gayathri,

as written in the linked Feedback-issue v19.3.0.43 is not compatible with Angular 12. The dependencies of Syncfusion still is Angular 11.1.1

Unfortunately this issue is not resolved and blocks me from updating to Angular

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team October 6, 2021 05:26 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

We have provided the Angular 12 support for our components and all are working properly in the Node LTS upto 14.180 which is recommended by the Angular framework itself. Please find the documentation in the below link 

We suspect that the issue occurring only in the Node current versions 16.x which is due to peer dependencies and automatically get installed within the Syncfusion packages. Please use the below solution for using the Syncfusion components in the current node versions 16.x. 

Add the following in tsconfig.json file. 

"compilerOptions": { 
        "paths": { "@angular/*": [./node_modules/@angular/*] } 
} 

We will also resolve the peer dependency warnings while installing the Syncfusion component on October 5, 2021 patch release. 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Gayathri K 

MM Michael Mairegger October 6, 2021 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Gayatri,

I can confirm the the new update 19.3.44 resolves the issue.

Regards,

Michael

GK Gayathri KarunaiAnandam Syncfusion Team October 8, 2021 01:20 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Gayathri K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon