We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Keyboard issues

When I select a cell and use the keyboard to move from selection to selection, I can''t seem to select any cells in the first row or first column. I have row headers and column headers, but I''m talking about the first data row and first data column. What can cause this sort of restriction? Pete Davis

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2004 04:05 PM UTC

Just dropping a GridControl on a form did not show this type of behavior. Do you have any frozen (unscrollable) rows/columns? This may affect selection behavior. What settings to yo have for grid.AllowSelections? This is the property that generally sets the selection behavior. Are you handling grid.SelectionsChnaging? This event can affect selections behavior. Do you have rows/columns where the style.Enabled = false? This can affect where selections may start.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2004 04:16 PM UTC

>Just dropping a GridControl on a form did not show this type of behavior. This is happening in a derived grid control and I''m not sure at what point it happened, so I don''t really know how to go about narrowing down the cause. > >Do you have any frozen (unscrollable) rows/columns? This may affect selection behavior. FrozenCount for Rows and Cols is 0. HeaderCount for Rows and Cols = 1. > >What settings to yo have for grid.AllowSelections? This is the property that generally sets the selection behavior. GridSelectionFlags.Any > >Are you handling grid.SelectionsChnaging? This event can affect selections behavior. No. > >Do you have rows/columns where the style.Enabled = false? This can affect where selections may start. No. Any other ideas?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2004 04:37 PM UTC

>>HeaderCount for Rows and Cols = 1. So, you have an extra row and and extra column header which you expect, but the selection is not working starting at column 2 and row 2. Is this correct? I tried to see if this was causing a problem, but could not see one. You might put stops in OnSelectionsChanging to to if that is getting hit. If you can post a sample showing the problem, we can try it here.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2004 04:46 PM UTC

>>>HeaderCount for Rows and Cols = 1. > >So, you have an extra row and and extra column header which you expect, but the selection is not working starting at column 2 and row 2. Is this correct? I tried to see if this was causing a problem, but could not see one. This may be my problem. What do you mean by extra? I want 1 column of row headers and 1 row of column headers. Is this the problem?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2004 04:48 PM UTC

Yes. The normal setting is for these values to be zero, and that will give you the default 1 row header and 1 column header.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2004 05:00 PM UTC

>Yes. The normal setting is for these values to be zero, and that will give you the default 1 row header and 1 column header. Wow, that''s a real problem... I have TONS of code that checks the header count and I now have to go back and change all of it. You guys should really mention this in the help. The documentation for HeaderCount says: "Number of row (or column) headers" That''s really misleading. I mean I would expect 0 means 0 and 1 means 1 from that description. Oh well... Pete

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon