We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataGrid in docked panel issue

(Essential Tools 2.0.5.1, VS.NET 2003) Hi, I''m having a problem when placing a (Microsoft) DataGrid in a docked panel with an XP toolbar, as the latter hides the top portion of the datagrid. Here it is what I do: 1) in my form (with a docking manager) I add an empty panel and enable docking for it; 2) I insert an XP toolbar in the panel, add some controls to it and dock it to the top; 3) I insert a DataGrid in the panel and dock it to fill. The datagrid has a caption, but the caption itself and a part of the header row are hidden by the xp toolbar, both in the designer and at runtime. I attach an image showing this issue (see the red arrow I added). Is it my fault or this is a bug? Thanks! dgissue_9009.zip

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2004 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Daniele, Thanks for the screenshot. I have created a test_sample in v2.0.5.1 as per your specifications above, but could not recreate the above mentioned error. Please refer to the sample attached and let me know if I have understood your problem correctly. If not, kindly modify the sample to show the problem that you are seeing and send it back to us so that we could further investigate it. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DF Daniele Fusi July 19, 2004 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Guru, thanks for your reply. I have found no differences between your project and mine, thus I removed the whole panel and re-created it in my app. Now it works, BUT the newly inserted panel has suddenly disappeared from the designer (it seems that it is not hidden behind some other UI object, it simply does not appear at all!) and is hidden when the application starts, even if I can then show it programmatically. There must be some trash in the serialization of my app by the designer: how can I ''clean'' it so that the panel appears again in the designer?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2004 08:32 PM UTC

Hi Daniele, You could try the following : 1. Delete all the contents of the Isolated Storage folder present in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\{user name}\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage 2. Set the CopyLocal property of the Syncfusion references in the designer to false 3. Set the DockingManager''s PersistState property to false 4. If you explicitly save/restore the docking state information using the AppStateSerializer or SaveDockState/LoadDockState methods, then delete the files that contain this information before starting this application 5. If none of the above helps, could you please modify my earlier sample to show the problem that you are facing and send it back to us ? We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DF Daniele Fusi July 20, 2004 05:25 PM UTC

Thanks again. None of the suggestions worked for me: I had to completely remove the panel and then insert it from scratch: this way it worked fine (this is not the best solution, but at least it now works...)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2004 06:38 PM UTC

Hi Daniele, Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we are glad that this issue has been resolved. Please do let us know if you need any other information. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon