We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Building from source

I am trying to build from source and use the source directly in my project instead of using the pre-compiled assemblies -- that way at least I can step in to the code and see what''s happening. I currently have v.2.0.5.1 full install and 2.0.6.50 patch (patches do NOT seem to include the source). So I opened my solution, removed all references to syncfusion stuff, then added in the equivalent syncfusion .csproj files from their source dist. Since they ship with VS.Net version 1 projects, I am prompted to convert to the 2003 version, which I do. I can compile successfully. However I am not sure what I have in my Toolbox, and the design time editing is broken. So I exit VS and run the Assembly Manager, choose the 2.0.5.1 User Debug version, Force Rebuild, and hit OK. The build fails with thousands of errors and then I end up with no SF stuff in the Toolbox. Are there a set of best practices for building from source? Thanks - Daniel

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2004 05:38 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, 1. You can rebuild the Syncfusion Assemblies using the Assembly Manager. Run the Assembly Manager and choose User Debug, the propery FrameWork version and check the Synchronize ToolBox checkbox. The debug version of the dlls will be built and Syncfusion Public Assemblies folder and the GAC will be updated. 2. As we mentioned in the Support Incident we do not ship Source Code with private patch builds. This is because patches are supposed to be for specific issues and are built on a regular basis. We ship source code for public releases after QA testing. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon