We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Visual Studio 2005 Support

Since Microsoft has released the Beta of Visual Studio 2005 and the Visual Studio Express product line, can Syncfusion give us any idea as to when their Essential Suite will be compatible. Even a beta of the Syncfusion product would be acceptable. I have tried the current Essential Suite v2.0.5.1 and it is not compatible with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1. Just a thought....

12 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 16, 2004 04:22 AM UTC

Hi, I''m also very interested. Could you give a compatibility date? beta (even alpha) is of course acceptable. Regards, Sebastien

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 16, 2004 09:31 AM UTC

Hi Steve, Sebastien Yes, we have been working on planning for the VS.NET 2005 release and we have already started initial testing of our controls and developers from various teams are working/testing and compiling information. We will follow up on this and post information in as much detail as possible soon. We are working on getting this information ready as we are starting to get enquiries on this issue. Thank you for your continued support for Syncfusion. Regards Arun

SH Sue Harris August 11, 2004 01:43 AM UTC

Are any further details available? We''ve been starting to look at the 2005 beta, and can''t use the Syncfusion components due to runtime errors. Is there any more idea on when a release which is compatible will be released? Thanks, Sue

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 13, 2004 10:20 AM UTC

Hi Sue, With the 2.1 release we have included a batch file that will build our libraries from source code with the VS 2005 version. All our source code compiles with VS 2005. Most controls are compatible and most of our samples run without problem just by recompiling them but we detected some issues with use of resx files and Resource Managers and reported them to MS. For example, you will notice some issues because of that when you open menus at design-time. Thanks, Stefan Hoenig

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 16, 2004 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Stefan, do you have a target date for a next, even more VS2005-compatible, release? I am in a project were we just decided to go with VS2005 - since our target release is faaar away in time, but we want to get started now. Regards, M

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2004 03:44 PM UTC

Hi Mike, with the 2.1 release (which should be out any day now) you can rebuild the sources with VS 2005 and should be able to start using it. Let us know about issues you run into. With the designers issues we have seen so far we will wait for newer Visual Studio 2005 builds and decide then what to do. The designer code always changes a lot between various Visual Studio betas. Stefan

SG Steve Graddy August 22, 2004 07:59 PM UTC

Ok, I have installed Essential Suite v2.1.0.9 on my Visual Studio 2005 test machine. Have located the BuildVS2005.bat file and ran it within the VS 2005 command window. Everything seemed to run OK and with success. I am going to assume that the new folder called ReleaseXML under the bin folder inside each Syncfusion assemblies folder structure is the new Syncfusion assembly that will run with VS2005. So just reference these DLL''s in your VS2005 project and all should work, right? Also if you have VS2003 also loaded on the same machine it will continue to run against the DLL''s in the GAC correct? Steve Graddy MCP, MCAD.Net

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2004 09:53 AM UTC

The build batch file should have copied the result dlls to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies. These dlls will only run with VS 2005, not with VS 2003. I would not put these dlls into the GAC. Simply let VS 2005 copy them locally into your project. (This is the default if you don''t put them in the GAC and leave them in the IDE\PublicAssemblies folder). That way none of your existing VS 2003 apps will be affected. There should be no conflict if you have the old VS 2003 assemblies in the GAC. Stefan

CM Chris Maughan August 24, 2004 09:27 AM UTC

>The build batch file should have copied the >result dlls to C:\Program Files\Microsoft >Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies. I found that the batch file was missing a ''%'' at the end of %PUB in the copy step. Was: copy a %PUB changed to: copy a %PUB% to fix it. Did you test that the batch file did the copy correctly? Or perhaps the file was corrupted somehow by the installer?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2004 11:02 AM UTC

Hi Chris, that is our mistake. We were using the 4NT command prompt on the test and development machine. I checked it now with the WinXP Command Prompt and there you do need that extra % at the end. We will fix that. Stefan

BE Ben December 23, 2004 08:04 PM UTC

Is this support only available for product subscriptions that include source code? I was unable to locate the BuildVS2005.bat. Thanks, Ben

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 24, 2004 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Ben If you insatalled the 3.0 release version available for download via Direct-Trac, the batch files are located in the C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Whidbey folder. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon