We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Delete Key

Ok, just wondering what event to catch when the delete key is pressed, I don''t want to handle it through the keydown event. I''m using a GridGroupingControl and allowedit is false so that the delete key deletes the current row, built in behavior. I''d like to catch events similar to rowdeleting and rowdeleted for a griddataboundgrid but I haven''t found those events for a GGC. Thanks Ben

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 15, 2004 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Ben, I added RecordDeleting and RecordDeleted events in our source base. Right now they simply weren''t there. With those events in place (next patch will have them) you can then cancel record deletion as shown in following code : this.gridGroupingControl1.RecordDeleting += new RecordEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_RecordDeleting); this.gridGroupingControl1.RecordDeleted += new RecordEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_RecordDeleted); private void gridGroupingControl1_RecordDeleting(object sender, RecordEventArgs e) { Syncfusion.Diagnostics.TraceUtil.TraceCurrentMethodInfo(e); // Don''t allow deletion of record e.Cancel = true; } private void gridGroupingControl1_RecordDeleted(object sender, RecordEventArgs e) { Syncfusion.Diagnostics.TraceUtil.TraceCurrentMethodInfo(e); } Please note that the event is raised when the Table triggers the deletion (e.g. delete key). If the underlying source list deletes the record, a Table.SourceListListChanged event is raised instead. Stefan

BE Ben July 15, 2004 01:01 PM UTC

Stefan, Is there an estimated time table for when the next patch will occur. Just trying to decide if I can wait for the events to be added or I need to write a workaround. Thanks Ben

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2004 03:53 PM UTC

Hi Ben, With the next public patch we will have support for RightToLeft in grid and tools product. The grid part is finished since a while but there are still some issues with the tools product. As soon as these tools issues are resolved we''ll create a public patch. My guess is we could have the public patch ready end of next week. In the meantime you can open a direct-trac incident and we''ll send you download instructions for a private pacth. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon