We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Gradient Label Bug

Using release 2.0.6.2, I find that my gradient labels do not hold their background color properties at run-time. During compile I get a non-critical error: "Code generation for property ''BackgroundColor'' failed. Error was: ''value''". The result is an ugly black-white gradient. Is this a known issue? I seem to remember experiencing this a year ago...

9 Replies

MC Marty Cruise July 13, 2004 01:02 PM UTC

Please disregard...I had the new assemblies using the old framework...

KY Kyle July 14, 2004 11:50 AM UTC

I''m having this same issue with the gradient panel. Please explain how you resolved the issue. Thanks. Kyle kleesman(at)webebi.com

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 14, 2004 12:26 PM UTC

I have found some strange things in solving this issue. First, use the Syncfusion Assembly Manager to configure GAC components to use framework version 1.1, and the latest Syncfusion build. Rebuild your project and see if all looks OK. If not, try some of these: - Modify the background properties and then rebuild. This seems to get things working again. - If the Syncfusion DLLs are set to Copy Local, try setting this to false and then rebuild.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 15, 2004 09:49 AM UTC

Hi Marty, I have tested for this issue in our latest source code build and the GradientLabel seems to be working fine. Please refer to the test_sample attached and let me know if this works for you. I would appreciate if you could open a DirectTrac incident in this regard. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion,Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 16, 2004 01:29 PM UTC

Hello, I tested the sample briefly and encountered the same error. To reproduce, do the following: 1) set the "Copy Local" property for both relevant Syncfusion DLLs to tru, then rebuild. 2) add another gradient label on the form and set its gradient to something other than the default. Rebuild. You should see that they both revert to the default gradient, yet their properties hold correct values.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 16, 2004 08:27 PM UTC

Hi Marty, Thanks for the update. I do see the above mentioned issue here. The designer seems to be having a problem while generating BackgroundColor related code for the GradientLabel when its CopyLocal property is set to true. I have notified the development team in this regard, and will keep updated on this. For now, you could workaround this by explicitly writing the BackgroundColor related code in the Form''s constructor but outside the InitializeComponent method call. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2004 02:53 PM UTC

Hi Marty, After having consulted the development team on this issue, I would like to inform you that, when you set CopyLocal to true the designer will load the same assembly twice as you can see that in debug logs. That is why casting for certain types fail. This is an issue with Visual Studio design-time when using an assembly that has references to other assemblies in the same project. For now, the only way around is not to use CopyLocal true or register the assembly with GAC. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 2, 2004 10:54 PM UTC

Then how do I distribute my application?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 4, 2004 10:10 AM UTC

Hi Marty, For distributing Essential Tools applications, you would have to place Shared, Grid and Tools dlls on the end user''s machine along with the exe. You could either place it in the exe''s local directory or the GAC, or a subdirectory (which would require a configuration file for the executable). Note that the dlls have to be of the same version against which the exe was generated. Please refer to the following topic in the Tools Users Guide for information on deployment : Essential Tools Users Guide >> Distributing Essential Tools The Users Guide can be accessed from Start Menu >> Programs >> Syncfusion >> Essential Suite v2.0.5.1 >> Documentation >> Essential Tools Users Guide Let me know if you need any additional information. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon