We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dynamic Change of a Menuitem

Hi, I am using MainFrameBarManager. Is it possible to change a menuitem''s text/icon/tooltip in runtime. There is a property EnableCustomizing. What is for it. Anybody can help me with the code. Like, i''ll give a unique menuid and it will search for that and then i want to change the Text/ToolTip/Icon. Will it reflect the change. Thanks in Advance, Mukkesh

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 8, 2004 04:13 PM UTC

Hi Mukkesh 1. The EnableCustomizing property allows you to control customization of the menus at run time. It is set to true by default, which means that the users at run time can right click and invoke the customization dialog and make changes. The enclosed sample demonstrates the difference. When you run the sample and enable/disable Customization you can/cannot invoke the customize dialog by right-clicking on the ToolBar. 2. Yes you can change the BarItem''s text/tooltip at run time. Again as demonstrated in the sample, you can click on the Change Parent Bar Item button to change the text and tooltip. Here is a code snippet: this.parentBarItem1.Text = "File_Changed"; this.parentBarItem1.Tooltip = this.parentBarItem1.Text; Regards Arun

Loader.
Up arrow icon