We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

EditControl :: Inheritance

Hi! I have inherited the editControl class. And in my new class I am trying to override the OnContextToolTipPopup method: protected override void OnContextTooltipPopup(ContextTooltipPopupEventArgs e) {// som code} But this doesn''t work. It means that the debugger doesn''t step into this method and the event ContextToolTipPopup is never raised. It is interesting that when I override OnClick it workd very well. What is the problem?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 9, 2004 06:16 PM UTC

Hi eisernWolf Here is a sample in which MyEditControl is a derived Edit control. The OnContextToolTipPopup is overriden in this derived control. If you move your mouse over using System.Windows.Forms , the overriden ContextToolTipPopup event is raised and a MessageBox is displayed. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 10, 2004 01:04 AM UTC

Hi, Arun! Thank you very much for you sample. Ive noticed you had called base constructor. Maybe thats why everything is OK - I havent learnt the code yet, just took a glance... With Kind Regards, eisernWolf

Loader.
Up arrow icon