We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Pasting text seems to bypass some events

Hi. I''m having trouble detecting that the user has changed a GDBG cell''s text, if they do it by pasting (as plain text). I''m using 2.0.5.1, and pasting via Shift+Ins, as using Ctrl+V seems to not paste at all. 1) Grid_RowEditing doesn''t fire, but I can work around that by explicitly calling the handler from my Model_PasteCellText handler. 2) CurrentCellValidating never fires. When I try to call THAT explicitly, my handler only sees the old text, not the freshly-pasted text. For this, I haven''t found a workaround. What do you suggest? Thanks, Tom

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 5, 2004 02:23 PM UTC

To validate pasting cell by cell in a GridDataBoundGrid, you can use the grid.Model.PasteCellText event.

TJ TJ July 5, 2004 02:26 PM UTC

Ah wait, I figured out a workaround... In my PasteCellText handler, I just set e.Style.Text = e.Text; to accept the pasted text as the new cell contents, then proceed with the two workarounds I described above. This time, my explicitly-called Grid_CurrentCellValidating gets the new text as intended. Thanks, Tom

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon