We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Skip empty dates

Hi,

I am drawing a chart with SfCartesianChart. The data is about date and price for a certain stock.
Since I am using DateTimeAxis for primaryXAxis, I have still holidays on xaxis where there's no data at all.
How can I pass these empty dates and fill with only dates that data exist?

Thanks,

6 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

MA Marco November 20, 2020 07:13 PM UTC

You can put null values on holidays, and then using the empty point settings on your graph, like this
 emptyPointSettings: EmptyPointSettings(
            mode: EmptyPointMode.average,
          ),

JI Jinkyo November 20, 2020 09:45 PM UTC

Thank you for the solution.

By the way, on holidays, there is no data at all. Should I make it and put a null value for every holiday just to skip drawing on that days?
I found a solution with WPF for the exact same problem. https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/157917/skip-empty-data-or-delete-space-in-chart
I'm looking for something like a DateTimeCategoryAxis in WPF.

SK Sriram Kiran Senthilkumar Syncfusion Team November 23, 2020 11:15 AM UTC

Hi Jinkyo, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. We have analyzed on your query at our end and we would like to let you know that we have already logged a feature request regarding providing DateTimeCategory axis support in Cartesian charts. We will plan and implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases yet to come. You can also track the status of the feature using the below feedback link. 

Regards, 
Sriram Kiran 

PJ Pheeraphat Junsri January 25, 2021 04:17 AM UTC

now you can't solve this ? please share to me, thank you.

DP Dharanitharan Palanisamy Syncfusion Team January 26, 2021 10:56 AM UTC

Hi Pheeraphat,  

We have already logged a feature request for your requirement, and the development team is working on it. This feature will be included in our next main release which is expected to be rolled out at the end of March 2021. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Thanks,  
Dharanitharan. P  

DP Dharanitharan Palanisamy Syncfusion Team April 1, 2021 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Pheeraphat, 

Thanks for being patience. We are glad to inform you that your requested feature DateTimeCategoryAxis has been implemented and rolled out in our volume1 main release. To know more about our charts you can refer to the help document. You can also see our samples and sample code here. To use this feature, you can upgrade our charts from the below link. 

Thanks, 
Dharanitharan. P 

Marked as answer
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon