We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Generic Way of getting Child Tables

Since all child tables on the same level of hieararchy will have the same set of columns, is there a way to make changes (i.e. width, visibility, etc) to the entire set of child tables on the same hieararchy level? I know you can access child tables from the record parents but is there a more generic way of getting to all of them? I''m thinking of something similar to the concept of bands in the Infragistics grid world. Thanks. - Aleem

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2004 03:41 PM UTC

I should have been more specific, I was referring to the GridGroupingControl.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 1, 2004 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Aleem, yes you can make changes both in the designer and through code. If you open the HierarchyView example in the designer you can change the options for the child table under the TableDescriptors category in the PropertyGrid. If you expand the CustomerOrders property you can then add/remove columns or change appearance setting for that relation. These changes will be serialized into code. To make changes through code for the child relations, you need to access the RelationDescriptor.ChildTableDescriptor. GridTableDescriptor td = groupingGrid.TableDescriptor.Relations[0].ChildTableDescriptor; td.Appearance.AnyCell.BackColor = Color.Blue; Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon