We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Collapsing all child nodes of a parent node in a tree view control

Hi, I got a tree control where the order of nodes is three, i.e Parent node---->First child node----> n child nodes of First child node. i want to collapse all the child nodes of FirstChildNode. when i select any one of the child nodes , except the selcted node all the other child nodes should be closed. iam doing like this in treenode_select() event this.treJob.TopVisibleNode.FirstNode.CollapseAll(); this.treJob.TopVisibleNode.FirstNode.Expand(); but iam not successfull any clues.... regards seash

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2004 04:59 PM UTC

Hi Seash Here is a code snippet that demonstrates how when you right click on a node in a TreeViewAdv control and if it is not a top level node, it''s child nodes are collapsed: private void treeViewAdv1_MouseDown(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e) { if ((e.Button == MouseButtons.Right)&& (this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.Level!=1)) { if ((this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.HasChildren)) { this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.CollapseAll(); } else { MessageBox.Show("The selected node has no child nodes"); } } } This should give you an idea to do what you are seeking. Regards Arun

SA Satish June 30, 2004 04:48 AM UTC

Hi Arun, I just spoke to Seash. I made document what Seash whats in the TreeView. Please find the document. Thanks Satish >Hi Seash > >Here is a code snippet that demonstrates how when you right click on a node in a TreeViewAdv control and if it is not a top level node, it''s child nodes are collapsed: > >private void treeViewAdv1_MouseDown(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e) >{ > if ((e.Button == MouseButtons.Right)&& (this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.Level!=1)) > { > if ((this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.HasChildren)) > { > this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.CollapseAll(); > } > else > { > MessageBox.Show("The selected node has no child nodes"); > } > } >} > >This should give you an idea to do what you are seeking. > >Regards >Arun > TreeError_4660.zip

SA Satish July 1, 2004 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Arun, Please hightlight the solution. Thanks Satish >Hi Arun, >I just spoke to Seash. I made document what Seash whats in the TreeView. >Please find the document. >Thanks >Satish > >>Hi Seash >> >>Here is a code snippet that demonstrates how when you right click on a node in a TreeViewAdv control and if it is not a top level node, it''s child nodes are collapsed: >> >>private void treeViewAdv1_MouseDown(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e) >>{ >> if ((e.Button == MouseButtons.Right)&& (this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.Level!=1)) >> { >> if ((this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.HasChildren)) >> { >> this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.CollapseAll(); >> } >> else >> { >> MessageBox.Show("The selected node has no child nodes"); >> } >> } >>} >> >>This should give you an idea to do what you are seeking. >> >>Regards >>Arun >> > >TreeError_4660.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 1, 2004 03:39 PM UTC

Hi Satish Here you go: private void treeViewAdv1_AfterSelect(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if ((this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.Level==1)&&(this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.HasChildren) &&(this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.Expanded)) { this.treeViewAdv1.CollapseAll(); this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.ExpandAll(); } } Regards Arun

SA Satish July 2, 2004 01:30 AM UTC

Hi Arun, The code you have mentioned below is not working. I want to achive same resuls as i posted the document in form. Thanks Satish >Hi Satish >Here you go: >private void treeViewAdv1_AfterSelect(object sender, System.EventArgs e) >{ > if ((this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.Level==1)&&(this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.HasChildren) > &&(this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.Expanded)) > { > this.treeViewAdv1.CollapseAll(); > this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.ExpandAll(); > } >} > >Regards >Arun >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 2, 2004 05:16 PM UTC

Hi Satish Here is a sample that does what you are looking for. This is the relevant code from the sample: bool b = false; private void treeViewAdv1_AfterSelect(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if ((this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.Level==1)&&(this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.HasChildren))//&&(this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.Expanded)) { this.treeViewAdv1.CollapseAll(); this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode.ExpandAll(); } } private void treeViewAdv1_AfterExpand(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdvNodeEventArgs e) { if (b) { b = false; this.treeViewAdv1.CollapseAll(); e.Node.ExpandAll(); this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode = e.Node; } b = true; } We would really appreciate it if you could use Direct-Trac for specific issues like this in future. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 2, 2004 05:17 PM UTC

Hi Satish Here is a link to the sample. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon