I am considering using Syncfusion''s menu as a replacement for menu from other vendor and I would like to know :
1) If there is a property or an easy way to make a tool (baritem) autorepeat when you stay with the mouse down on it?
2) Do you have a "TextBarItem" (not a combo)? and also can you center the text on the tool?
3) Do you have a "ControlBarItem" that can host a control (a more sophisticated combo or a slider for example)?
ADAdministrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2004 08:41 PM UTC
Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion. With reference to your questions.
1. We are not exactly sure what you are looking for here. Refer to the answer to question 3. Maybe you can add a button detached bar and do what you are seeking.
2. Yes, you could use the StaticBarItem, but you cannot control the text alignment. The text is aligned to the left.
3. Yes, you can add a Detached Bar and then drop a control on this bar. If you want to add mulitple controls you can place a panel in the detached bar and then add controls to the panel.
Kindly take a look at the XPMenus sample (located in the \Tools\samples\Menus Package\XPMenusMDI folder) as it showcases many of the features of our XPMenus Framework.
CMChristian MorandJune 29, 2004 02:49 AM UTC
Thanks for your rapid reply.
1) Some menu buttons from other vendor do have autorepeat feature (for example usefull for record navigation). Do you have such a feature with a BarItem from MainFrameBarManager or ChildFrameBarManager?
2) Can a user readily edit/enter a text (for example a record number) in a StaticBarItem?
3) Your help file specifies that a Detached Bar is not normally used to create toolbars in XPMenus. What I need I a BarItem that is part of ChildFrameBarManager (whose BarItem can be merged with MainFrameBarManager) and that can host other controls like textbox, combobox or a trackbar. How can you that?
ADAdministrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2004 06:55 PM UTC
1. The AutoRepeat feature will be added as a feature request to the Known Issues Database as there is no easy workaround for it currently.
2. With reference to editing static text, we will add this as a feature request to the Known Issues Database . The Essential Tools team informed me that this is something they can work on right away.
3. We currently do not (and probably will not in near future) support Detached bars in ChildFramebarManagers. So, the only way you can get custom controls in the menu structure of ChildFramebarManagers is to use DropDownBarItems and host custom PopupControlContainers in them.
I will update this posting as soon as more information becomes available on issues 1 and 2.
Thank you your interest in Syncfusion.