We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Any way to scroll within the child of a hierarchy?

Kind of an off the wall question, but thought I''d ask for any ideas. A little hard to explain, so I''ve enclosed a picture... I have a 2 level hierarchical GDBG. The groups of child records for any particular parent are large -- so when expanding the parent, is there any way to have a scroll bar just for the rows in the child records? This way, the other parent rows would not push down off the page, they could still show at the bottom, and you''d scroll to see more child rows from the parent row you are viewing. Any ideas? Thanks! scroll question_9235.zip

2 Replies

DA Dan June 25, 2004 12:37 PM UTC

p.s. the sample picture shows the expandgrid sample -- not exactly what I need (i only have 2 levels, and no headers, etc.) but just to give you an idea...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 25, 2004 12:54 PM UTC

This is not curently supported in either our GridDataBoundGrid or in our GridGroupingControl. I really do not have a good suggestion on this. The only thing I could think of is to perfectly position another grid, and set the child table as this grid datasource an dthen scroll it. This would likely be tricky and prone to problems.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon