We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Memory usage

Hi, I created a class that generates an excel workbook containing 300+ Worksheets. I then created a loop that: 1. creates an instance of the class 2. creates an excel file 3. saves the file to disk 4. destroys the class Next I tried to execute the loop: 1.3 times (each iteration was slower) 2.5 times (starts to continually swap to/from disk after a couple files are created and has to be killed) I''m sure the loop would finish given enough time but I kill it after 30 minutes. It appears the memory is not being released after each iteration. I have tried 2 other commercial components using the same logic and they don''t exhibit this problem. Have any issues been logged dealing with memory usage? Any recent patches addressed this issue? Regards, M. Yeagy

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 25, 2004 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Yeagy, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential ExcelRW. We did make some changes regarding memory usage optimization but we will investigate this issue and update you with more information as soon as possible. Also, which version of Essential ExcelRW are you using?. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi, > >I created a class that generates an excel workbook containing 300+ Worksheets. > >I then created a loop that: >1. creates an instance of the class >2. creates an excel file >3. saves the file to disk >4. destroys the class > > >Next I tried to execute the loop: >1.3 times (each iteration was slower) >2.5 times (starts to continually swap to/from disk after a couple files are created and has to be killed) > >I''m sure the loop would finish given enough time but I kill it after 30 minutes. > >It appears the memory is not being released after each iteration. > >I have tried 2 other commercial components using the same logic and they don''t exhibit this problem. > >Have any issues been logged dealing with memory usage? Any recent patches addressed this issue? > > >Regards, >M. Yeagy

MY Mike Yeagy June 25, 2004 12:00 PM UTC

Hi, The assembly manager displays 2.0.5.1. Regards, M. Yeagy >Hi Yeagy, > >Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential ExcelRW. > >We did make some changes regarding memory usage optimization but we will investigate this issue and update you with more information as soon as possible. Also, which version of Essential ExcelRW are you using?. Thank you for your patience. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>Hi, >> >>I created a class that generates an excel workbook containing 300+ Worksheets. >> >>I then created a loop that: >>1. creates an instance of the class >>2. creates an excel file >>3. saves the file to disk >>4. destroys the class >> >> >>Next I tried to execute the loop: >>1.3 times (each iteration was slower) >>2.5 times (starts to continually swap to/from disk after a couple files are created and has to be killed) >> >>I''m sure the loop would finish given enough time but I kill it after 30 minutes. >> >>It appears the memory is not being released after each iteration. >> >>I have tried 2 other commercial components using the same logic and they don''t exhibit this problem. >> >>Have any issues been logged dealing with memory usage? Any recent patches addressed this issue? >> >> >>Regards, >>M. Yeagy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2004 06:34 AM UTC

Hi Yeagy, I was unable to reproduce the problem using version 2.0.5.1. Would it be possible to send the sample that you are working on ?, If thats not possible could you please send the code snippet that you use to create your workbook with 300 worksheets?. Please sumbit this incident in Direc Trac so that it woulld be easier to upload any documents with sensitive information that your files may contain. Thank you for your co-operation. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi, > >The assembly manager displays 2.0.5.1. > >Regards, > >M. Yeagy > >>Hi Yeagy, >> >>Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential ExcelRW. >> >>We did make some changes regarding memory usage optimization but we will investigate this issue and update you with more information as soon as possible. Also, which version of Essential ExcelRW are you using?. Thank you for your patience. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>Hi, >>> >>>I created a class that generates an excel workbook containing 300+ Worksheets. >>> >>>I then created a loop that: >>>1. creates an instance of the class >>>2. creates an excel file >>>3. saves the file to disk >>>4. destroys the class >>> >>> >>>Next I tried to execute the loop: >>>1.3 times (each iteration was slower) >>>2.5 times (starts to continually swap to/from disk after a couple files are created and has to be killed) >>> >>>I''m sure the loop would finish given enough time but I kill it after 30 minutes. >>> >>>It appears the memory is not being released after each iteration. >>> >>>I have tried 2 other commercial components using the same logic and they don''t exhibit this problem. >>> >>>Have any issues been logged dealing with memory usage? Any recent patches addressed this issue? >>> >>> >>>Regards, >>>M. Yeagy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon