We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Integration with C++

Hi I''m in the process of rewriting an older (unmanaged C/C++) project which used Objective Grid (Stefan Hoenig''s old product), so I guess my question is aimed at him. You claim the "Essential Grid w. sources" we bought works with managed C++ but everything seems to be in C# or VB. (Not a single C++ header file.) I know that updating won''t be easy, but stepping over to C# will complicate things even more. How do I integrate Essential Grid into the project without throwing C# code into the mix? The classes used from Objective Grid were just a few basic ones: CGXGridCore CGXGridView CGXGridWnd CGXTabWnd

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 24, 2004 03:38 PM UTC

You can use our libraries from any managed language including managed C++. We only ship samples in C# and VB, but will work with you to try to get you going using our libraries with MCPP is that is what you need to do. Here is one sample that you may find useful. If you get stuck doing something, submit a Direct Trac support incident, and we will try to be of help. Now you will not be able to just swap out the stingray libraries with the syncfusion libraries. Both grids have some similar concepts, but they are very different grids codewise. They do not have the same function signatures, so I suspect you will have to rewrite a lot of code. And, it may be much easier to do in C#. CellStyles_6057.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon