We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Pie Chart: Text Label Spacing

My labels are overlapping on my Pie Chart. Even though I have 20 items in my chart there is plenty of room for all the labels, just the smaller entries appear so close to one another that the text overlaps. What can I do about this? Thanks, Kevin

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 14, 2004 05:04 PM UTC

So I am wondering because you haven''t answered this, does this mean that there is no solution?? I would like to know still, thanks

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team July 14, 2004 05:27 PM UTC

Hi Kevin, We are currently in the process of implementing a revised layout mechanism for the Pie Chart Labels that would prevent the labels from overlapping. This feature should be included in our next major release due in about 2 weeks. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2004 11:10 AM UTC

For the current project, I cannot upgrade to the latest release because it would affect other areas of the program. So I was wondering if not a fix, but things I can do to make the items a little less crammed. I was thinking if I can increase the offset of pie chart text from the slice, it would look much better. I tried using the Series.Style.TextOffset, but that didn''t seem to change anything. I also tried setting the args.Style.TextOffset in my ChartPrepareStyleInfo event, but still no effect. thanks,

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 23, 2004 02:32 AM UTC

Hi Kevin, We regret for the inconvenience caused. On possible workaround would be to keep the Labels for the pie sections to be short (thus minimizing overlap for small sections of the pie) and placing a more elaborate description of the Pie Chart section in the legend. Please refer to this sample linked to below for an example: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/chartpielegend.zip The DrawItem event of the Legend needs to be handled to provide different values for the labels in the Pie chart and the legend labels. Regards, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon