We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Expand ComboBox list when user mouse hovers on last item in the list.

I am using Data Bound Grid. I am having a cloumn in my grid which has combobox.It''s choice list have numbers ranging from 0 - 5. My need is when user comes on the last item(means 5) item list expands to incorporate 2 new values ( 6, 7). I mean to say that now list will contain 0 - 7 values. And user can select any value from 0 - 7. After selecting the value if user again clicks on the combobox, it should show items between 0-5 only not 6 or 7.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 24, 2004 02:53 PM UTC

I think you would have to do this dynamically on the dropped list. Here is a sample that uses CurrentCellShowingDropDown to initially populate the list with the 5 items items, and to subscribe to the ListBox.SelectedIndexCanhed event for the dropped list. Then in the SelectedIndexChanged event handler, it adds the 2 items when you hit the last item in the original list. It also uses CurrentCellCloseDropDown to unsubscribe to the SelectedIndexChanged event. ColNameSample_5960.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon