We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

dockingmanager adding controls at runtime

Hi, The DockingManager.LoadState routine only loads state for controls that have been registered through DockingManager.SetEnableDocking(control,True). When adding controls at runtime the dockingmanager needs to reload the state (only for the new control). But you have to set the docking enabled first. This is a (small) problem because executing SetEnableDocking, then loading the serialized state, will result in a minor screen flicker. For example : If Not Me.DockingManager1.GetEnableDocking(myListBox) Then dockingState = Syncfusion.Runtime.Serialization.AppStateSerializer.GetSingleton Me.DockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(myListBox, True) Me.DockingManager1.LoadDockState(dockingState, myListBox) End If Is there a solution ?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 6, 2004 07:09 PM UTC

Hi Krijn, Sorry for the delayed response. I was able to see the minor flicker that you have mentioned, but there is no way to avoid seeing that flicker. If the flicker is too visible, you can consider displaying a splash panel over the form while the docking manager updates the layout. This would make the form update process invisible to the user. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi, > >The DockingManager.LoadState routine only loads state for controls that have been registered through DockingManager.SetEnableDocking(control,True). When adding controls at runtime the dockingmanager needs to reload the state (only for the new control). But you have to set the docking enabled first. This is a (small) problem because executing SetEnableDocking, then loading the serialized state, will result in a minor screen flicker. >For example : > > If Not Me.DockingManager1.GetEnableDocking(myListBox) Then > dockingState = Syncfusion.Runtime.Serialization.AppStateSerializer.GetSingleton > Me.DockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(myListBox, True) > Me.DockingManager1.LoadDockState(dockingState, myListBox) >End If > >Is there a solution ?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon