We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Before delete event... so that we can abort deletion

How can I have an onCut or OnDelete event of a symbol, so that if certain situations don''t met I can abort the symbol deletion. Example: I have a diagram with 3 symbols linked sequentially A -> B -> C ...I want that if someone tries to delete B, I abort the deletion and inform that it must delete firs the links related to B, wich in this case are 2: A->B and B->C.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 24, 2004 06:39 PM UTC

Hi, The current version of Essential Diagram does not provide a means to detect and pre-empt a delete/cut command. I have logged this as a feature request and we will do our best to support such functionality in a future version of the product. For the time being, you can check your diagram''s Controller.SelectionList property to determine the selection and invoke the cut/remove command depending on the nodes that are currently selected. Regards, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion, Inc

RI Rich July 6, 2004 01:15 AM UTC

Will there be node delete and node add events in the soon to be release version 2.0.6.0 of essential suite.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 7, 2004 08:59 PM UTC

Hi Richard, The Diagram.Model.ChildrenChangeComplete event can be used to determine whether a node has been added to the diagram. As for node deletion, we have this filed as a feature request and we will do our best to add the feature for the next public update of Essential Diagram. For the time being, please workaround this limitation by using the Controller.SelectionList as described earlier to allow/pre-empt the delete operation. Regards, Prakash

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon