We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Before delete event... so that we can abort deletion

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

15569 Jun 22,2004 10:25 AM Jul 7,2004 04:59 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: Diagram
Jose Luis Melo
Asked On June 22, 2004 10:25 AM

How can I have an onCut or OnDelete event of a symbol, so that if certain situations don''t met I can abort the symbol deletion. Example: I have a diagram with 3 symbols linked sequentially A -> B -> C ...I want that if someone tries to delete B, I abort the deletion and inform that it must delete firs the links related to B, wich in this case are 2: A->B and B->C.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 24, 2004 02:39 PM

Hi, The current version of Essential Diagram does not provide a means to detect and pre-empt a delete/cut command. I have logged this as a feature request and we will do our best to support such functionality in a future version of the product. For the time being, you can check your diagram''s Controller.SelectionList property to determine the selection and invoke the cut/remove command depending on the nodes that are currently selected. Regards, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion, Inc

Rich
Replied On July 5, 2004 09:15 PM

Will there be node delete and node add events in the soon to be release version 2.0.6.0 of essential suite.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 7, 2004 04:59 PM

Hi Richard, The Diagram.Model.ChildrenChangeComplete event can be used to determine whether a node has been added to the diagram. As for node deletion, we have this filed as a feature request and we will do our best to add the feature for the next public update of Essential Diagram. For the time being, please workaround this limitation by using the Controller.SelectionList as described earlier to allow/pre-empt the delete operation. Regards, Prakash

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;