We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl: How to show nested tables after new line in parent ?

Hello. Please help me. The table with related tables bind to the grouping control. When I editig new line of parent table (table empty), there is no collapse/expand button for child tables. So, now I finished editing and want to edit child table data. But, the focus still on last cell and no collapse/expand button for this line. How to finish edit this line and to force the button to appear ? Thank you.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2004 12:11 PM UTC

Vadim, did you press the Enter key after making changes to the new row? Once you press Enter the record changes are committed and then the grouping control will show a plus minus button. You can tnen expand the child table and add a new row into the child table. Take the Grid\Grouping\HierarchyView example. If you comment out the following lines the tables will come up empty and you can add a new record. // if (msdeAvailable) // { // this.sqlDataAdapter1.Fill(this.dataSet11); // this.sqlDataAdapter2.Fill(this.dataSet11); // this.sqlDataAdapterShippers.Fill(this.shippersDataSet1); // //this.dataSet11.WriteXml("HVData.xml", XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema); // //this.shippersDataSet1.WriteXml("Shippers.xml", XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema); // } // else // { // // Read from a xml file instead. // ReadXml(this.dataSet11, "Data\\HVData.xml"); // ReadXml(shippersDataSet1, "Data\\Shippers.xml"); // } Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2004 12:13 PM UTC

You have to click off the row somewhere to tell the gridgroupingcontrol to commit the changes for that row. So, if you click the caption or click the column headers, the new row will be added and you will get an expand button. Or you could add a button to your form, and have you users click that to force the gridgroupingcontrol to commit the row. You would not need any code in the button handler, just the row losing focus is sufficent to trigger the save.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon